xpath doesn't support substring !

Le Mai Tung
Hello there,
I got one comment
I want to select the node whose value contains a substring.
For eg:

<Data>
<ID>1</ID>
<Name>Abramson, Norman</Name>
</Data>

I want to select the <Name> node containing "Abramson" , so I cannot use the = operator, but I found no "substring" command. I must query all nodes, check them all, kind of lengthy job !
Hope to get this feature someday, thanks for reading.

life is not only 17 inches

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: xpath doesn't support substring !

Michael Kay-3
XPath has functions substring(), substring-before(), and starts-with(), which between them should meet your requirements. I don't know how you missed these.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/