Quantcast

[xml-editor] <none>

Threaded

[xml-editor] <none>

Leif Halvard Silli-4
The section “J Suggestions for XML Names (Non-Normative)” [1] says:

]]
# The first character of any name should have a Unicode property
  of ID_Start, or else be '_' #x5F.
# Characters other than the first should have a Unicode property
  of ID_Continue,
]]

ERROR: What does ID_Start and ID_Continue refer to? This is at least
not defined inside the XML 1.0 spec! My guess is that ID_Start should
have been 'NameStartChar' [2] while ID_Continue should have been 'Name'
[3]

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-suggested-names
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-NameStartChar
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-NameChar
--
leif halvard silli
Threaded

Re: [xml-editor] <none>

Leif Halvard Silli-4
Sorry, why didn’t I spend more time on it … The spec says where it is
taken from: "identifiers in Standard Annex #31 (UAX #31) of the Unicode
Standard, version 5.0".

Leif H Silli