[xhtml-media-types] Question, typo

Jens Oliver Meiert
Regarding http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/ (yeah, I know—just
surfaced in my queue somehow):

1) Under 3., what guidelines does “[w]hen an XHTML document does NOT
adhere to the guidelines, it should only be delivered as media
typeapplication/xhtml+xml” refer to?

It doesn’t seem to relate to the rules preceding it because that’s
about UA Accept headers, and it seems kind of odd that a
*non-conforming* (which “not adhering” suggests) should be delivered
with the *stricter* MIME type. I.e., I don’t understand what this
sentence wants to say :)

2) Under A.22, there’s a space missing (“dynamically.DO use”).

In case someone remembers what 1) was about and cares about fixing 2) :)

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

Re: [xhtml-media-types] Question, typo

Bjoern Hoehrmann
* Jens O. Meiert wrote:

>Regarding http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/ (yeah, I know—just
>surfaced in my queue somehow):
>
>1) Under 3., what guidelines does “[w]hen an XHTML document does NOT
>adhere to the guidelines, it should only be delivered as media
>typeapplication/xhtml+xml” refer to?
>
>It doesn’t seem to relate to the rules preceding it because that’s
>about UA Accept headers, and it seems kind of odd that a
>*non-conforming* (which “not adhering” suggests) should be delivered
>with the *stricter* MIME type. I.e., I don’t understand what this
>sentence wants to say :)

You missed the "when a document adheres to the guidelines in Appendix A"
preceding the list.

Re: [xhtml-media-types] Question, typo

Jens Oliver Meiert
> You missed the "when a document adheres to the guidelines in Appendix A"
> preceding the list.

Ah yah. Maybe “guidelines” in “my” sentence could have just been
linked to that section too :)

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

Re: [xhtml-media-types] Question, typo

Jens Oliver Meiert
> Unfortunately, due to some weird rules at the W3C, we are prohibited from
> updating that document so we will be unable to fix the typo.  There is
> actually an update to it that was never "published" but is still available
> at http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2010/ED-xhtml-media-types-20100218/ if you are
> interested.

Oh that applied to Notes too? Can this rule not—for once ;)—be
revisited? I mean, all these typos do is undermine credibility and add
embarrassment—while being super-easy to fix. Maybe the policy could be
adjusted to allow for spelling mistakes to be fixed at any time? (I’d
deem that sound and quite non-controversial.)

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/