xf:select to store as many elements as values selected

xf:select to store as many elements as values selected

jean-baptiste pressac
Hello,
An xf:select enable to get multiple values like for the olac:code
attribute in the following example :

<dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="dialogue
narrative singing"/>

But is there a way to store the following data instead :

<dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="dialogue "/>
<dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="narrative"/>
<dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="singing"/>

Jean-Baptiste Pressac
Traitement et analyse de bases de données
Centre de Recherche Bretonne et Celtique
UMS 3554
20 rue Duquesne
CS 93837
29238 Brest cedex 3

tel : +33 (0)2 98 01 68 95
fax : +33 (0)2 98 01 63 93

Jean-Baptiste_Pressac.vcf (592 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: xf:select to store as many elements as values selected

Erik Bruchez-2
XForms does have the xf:copy element which does just that:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/#ui-selection-commonelems-copy

However it is not widely implemented (for example Orbeon Forms doesn't
support it, I am not sure about other implementations).

Regards,

-Erik

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Jean-Baptiste Pressac
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> An xf:select enable to get multiple values like for the olac:code attribute
> in the following example :
>
> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="dialogue narrative
> singing"/>
>
> But is there a way to store the following data instead :
>
> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="dialogue "/>
> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="narrative"/>
> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="singing"/>
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Pressac
> Traitement et analyse de bases de données
> Centre de Recherche Bretonne et Celtique
> UMS 3554
> 20 rue Duquesne
> CS 93837
> 29238 Brest cedex 3
>
> tel : +33 (0)2 98 01 68 95
> fax : +33 (0)2 98 01 63 93

Re: xf:select to store as many elements as values selected

Steven Pemberton-3
I treat this case in my XForms tutorial here:

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2010/xforms11-for-html-authors/part2.html#Selecting

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:28:52 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Pressac
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> An xf:select enable to get multiple values like for the olac:code
> attribute in the following example :
>
> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="dialogue
> narrative singing"/>
>
> But is there a way to store the following data instead :
>
> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="dialogue "/>
> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="narrative"/>
> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="singing"/>
>
> Thanks,

Re: xf:select to store as many elements as values selected

jean-baptiste pressac
Thanks ! But I have a little problem. The data I would like to edit is
more like this :

<instance>
    <country xmlns="">
       <name>USA</name>
       <city>Las Vegas</city>
       <city>New York</city>
       <city>San Francisco</city>
    </country>
</instance>

Than this :

<instance>
    <country xmlns="">
       <name>USA</name>
       <visited>
          <city>Las Vegas</city>
          <city>New York</city>
          <city>San Francisco</city>
       </visited>
    </country>
</instance>

Le 24/02/2014 18:35, Steven Pemberton a écrit :

> I treat this case in my XForms tutorial here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2010/xforms11-for-html-authors/part2.html#Selecting
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Steven Pemberton
>
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:28:52 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Pressac
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> An xf:select enable to get multiple values like for the olac:code
>> attribute in the following example :
>>
>> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="dialogue
>> narrative singing"/>
>>
>> But is there a way to store the following data instead :
>>
>> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="dialogue "/>
>> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="narrative"/>
>> <dc:subject xsi:type="olac:linguistic-field" olac:code="singing"/>
>>
>> Thanks,

Jean-Baptiste_Pressac.vcf (812 bytes) Download Attachment