[wbs] response to 'TR Design Survey'

Doug Schepers via WBS Mailer
The following answers have been successfully submitted to 'TR Design Survey'
(public) for Deborah Dahl.

> ---------------------------------
> Group
> ----
>
> On behalf of which W3C Working Group are you answering this survey?

Multimodal Interaction

EMMA http://www.w3.org/TR/emma/
Discovery http://www.w3.org/TR/mmi-mc-discovery/

> ---------------------------------
> Specification Processor(s)
> ----
> What spec pre-processor(s) does your WG use?

None

> ---------------------------------
> Group style sheet(s)
> ----
> Paste in URLs to any WG-specific style sheets you use.

None

> ---------------------------------
> Like
> ----
> What do you like about your current styles?

They're simple and readable.

> ---------------------------------
> Dislike
> ----
> What do you dislike about your current styles?

A lot of manual work

> ---------------------------------
> Complex style
> ----
> Paste in URLs to any parts of your spec that are stylistically complex or
> tricky, and we should therefore be careful not to screw up.

We don't really have anything like that.

> ---------------------------------
> Table style
> ----
> The new styles will include rules for rendering data tables. These will
> be opt-in by class name, and rely heavily on good markup (use of THEAD,
> TBODY, COLGROUP, scope attributes, etc.). See Simple Example, Less Simple
> Example, and Extra-Complex Example. Paste in URLs to a sampling of any
> data tables you are using so that we can try to accommodate those in the
> styling, if practical.

EMMA uses a lot of tables, but they aren't particularly complicated.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-emma-20090210/#s3.2 is an example.

> ---------------------------------
> CSS WG Style
> ----
> The CSSWG has made a number of minor improvements to the existing spec
> styles, which we might just adopt wholesale. Please comment on what you
> like/dislike about these styles, as demonstrated in the CSS3 Text
> specification.

no comments

> ---------------------------------
> Anything else?
> ----
>
>     Is there anything else we should consider?

We would like to be able to include animations.
We'd like to have a paginated version of the specs like PDF.
It would be nice for users to be able to collapse examples and informative
parts of the spec.

> These answers were last modified on 17 July 2015 at 22:14:00 U.T.C.
> by Deborah Dahl

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/tr-design-survey-2015/ until 2015-07-31.

 Regards,

 The Automatic WBS Mailer