[wbs] response to 'TR Design Survey'

Doug Schepers via WBS Mailer
The following answers have been successfully submitted to 'TR Design Survey'
(public) for Nigel Megitt.

> ---------------------------------
> Group
> ----
>
> On behalf of which W3C Working Group are you answering this survey?

Timed Text Working Group

> ---------------------------------
> Sample(s)
> ----
> Paste in URLs to a representative sample (1-3 links) of your specs. If
> styling differs substantially between /TR and your editor's drafts,
> please link to both versions.

WebVTT:

Editor draft:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/

FPWD:
http://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt1/

IMSC:

http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1/

(styling the same on ED and /TR)

TTML:

http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml1/

(styling the same on ED and /TR)

> ---------------------------------
> Specification Processor(s)
> ----
> What spec pre-processor(s) does your WG use?

ReSpec
XMLSpec

See https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/blob/master/webvtt.html
and http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml1/ <style> element, generated from
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/file/tip/ttml1/spec/xmlspec-ttml1.xsl

> ---------------------------------
> Like
> ----
> What do you like about your current styles?

* IDL styles
* example styles
* todo section handling
* table handling
* bug registration box at top right

> ---------------------------------
> Dislike
> ----
> What do you dislike about your current styles?

That we had to make changes to ReSpec template.

> ---------------------------------
> Complex style
> ----
> Paste in URLs to any parts of your spec that are stylistically complex or
> tricky, and we should therefore be careful not to screw up.

We can probably adjust to changes.

https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/blob/master/webvtt.html#L3578
http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1/#common-features
http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml1/#vocabulary-namespaces

> ---------------------------------
> CSS WG Style
> ----
> The CSSWG has made a number of minor improvements to the existing spec
> styles, which we might just adopt wholesale. Please comment on what you
> like/dislike about these styles, as demonstrated in the CSS3 Text
> specification.

Likes:
* cleaner
* links on sections
* example styling
* syntax highlighting
* test marker box

Dislike:
* the test markers sit in the document a little randomly

> Anything else?
> ----
>
>     Is there anything else we should consider?

N/A

> These answers were last modified on 5 June 2015 at 13:08:31 U.T.C.
> by Nigel Megitt

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/tr-design-survey-2015/ until 2015-07-07.

 Regards,

 The Automatic WBS Mailer