wacg in New zealand?

Karen Lewellen
Greetings all,
I seem to recall there are a few members from this part of the world.  I
am wondering if anyone aware of  how New zealand  implements  WACG   in
terms of legal requirements for employment can drop me a private email?
[hidden email]
A person from another list is facing workplace issues tied to his
accommodations needs.  I would appreciate connecting him with  someone who
can provide some direction.
Thanks,
Karen

RE: wacg in New zealand?

Howard Leicester
Hi Karen,

Let's see what comes back from other members.

If not, I'm from the UK and happy to explore my colleagues' links
'downunder'.
Howard (Leiceiter,
Kent,
England,
UK).

RE: wacg in New zealand?

Karen Lewellen
Profound thanks Howard.  sounds like a plan.
Harmoniously,
Kare

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Howard Leicester wrote:

> Hi Karen,
>
> Let's see what comes back from other members.
>
> If not, I'm from the UK and happy to explore my colleagues' links
> 'downunder'.
> Howard (Leiceiter,
> Kent,
> England,
> UK).

Re: wacg in New zealand?

Greg Gay
I'm not a Kiwi either (though most of my family lives in Christchurch).
I'm a Canadian, wanna be kiwi.

 From what I can determine, WCAG compliance only applies to " Public
Service departments and Non-Public Service departments in the State
Services."

Here's the details:

https://webtoolkit.govt.nz/standards/web-accessibility-standard-1-0/

greg

On 2016-08-17 4:07 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:

> Profound thanks Howard.  sounds like a plan.
> Harmoniously,
> Kare
>

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Howard Leicester wrote:
>
>> Hi Karen,
>>
>> Let's see what comes back from other members.
>>
>> If not, I'm from the UK and happy to explore my colleagues' links
>> 'downunder'.
>> Howard (Leiceiter,
>> Kent,
>> England,
>> UK).

RE: wacg in New zealand?

Howard Leicester

Thanks Karen,

Perhaps, also, folk will recognise that screen-readers mispronounce
"Downunder" - " Down under">

Actually   point I've made to WAI in the past.
But worry not!

Just keep in close contact 'down there',
Howard

Profound thanks Howard.  sounds like a plan.
Harmoniously,
Kare

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Howard Leicester wrote:

> Hi Karen,
>
> Let's see what comes back from other members.
>
> If not, I'm from the UK and happy to explore my colleagues' links
> 'downunder'.
> Howard (Leiceiter,
> Kent,
> England,
> UK).

RE: wacg in New zealand?

Karen Lewellen
  Hi Howard,
Really? mine managed it just fine...in fact I have been singing "do you
come  from the land downunder.." for the past 20 minutes in my head.
Kare

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Howard Leicester wrote:

> Thanks Karen,
>
> Perhaps, also, folk will recognise that screen-readers mispronounce
> "Downunder" - " Down under">
>
> Actually   point I've made to WAI in the past.
> But worry not!
>
> Just keep in close contact 'down there',
> Howard

Re: wacg in New zealand?

Karen Lewellen
Hi greg,
Small universe, I am a Kare wanna be canadian!
I will share the information as well.
Cheers,
Kare