using ReSpec for non-w3c specifications docs

using ReSpec for non-w3c specifications docs

Tom Sparks-2
I am looking at using ReSpec for non-w3c specifications docs
Can ReSpec be used in this way?

Re: using ReSpec for non-w3c specifications docs

Shane McCarron

Sure!  There is a configuration option for that. In my car so I can't look it up right now.

On Oct 11, 2014 8:39 AM, "Tom Sparks" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am looking at using ReSpec for non-w3c specifications docs
Can ReSpec be used in this way?

Re: using ReSpec for non-w3c specifications docs

Robin Berjon-6
On 11/10/2014 15:38 , Tom Sparks wrote:
> I am looking at using ReSpec for non-w3c specifications docs
> Can ReSpec be used in this way?

Yes, but how you go about it depends on how different you want your
result to be.

If it's mostly the same, you can just tweak some bits, notably the
style. If you want it to be very different you can build your own
profile, with a mix of existing modules and new ones you create.

The latter approach is a little bit hairy to get started with, but works
well once you're over the setup hump. It's what the documentation site
does, for instance.

Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon

On 13/10/14 20:00, Robin Berjon wrote:

> On 11/10/2014 15:38 , Tom Sparks wrote:
>> I am looking at using ReSpec for non-w3c specifications docs
>> Can ReSpec be used in this way?
>
> Yes, but how you go about it depends on how different you want your
> result to be.
>
> If it's mostly the same, you can just tweak some bits, notably the
> style. If you want it to be very different you can build your own
> profile, with a mix of existing modules and new ones you create.
>
> The latter approach is a little bit hairy to get started with, but works
> well once you're over the setup hump. It's what the documentation site
> does, for instance.

All I need is to remove is the w3 logo/icons

where do I read about building my own profile?

tom

On 15/10/2014 12:17 , Tom Sparks wrote:
> All I need is to remove is the w3 logo/icons

In that case: just throw in a good display: none.

> where do I read about building my own profile?

I wrote that up for others before but I forget where it is. (And I'd
rather not write it up again!)

Does anyone here have that information?