[ttml-webvtt-mapping] tts:origin to VTTCue position/line looks backwards

[ttml-webvtt-mapping] tts:origin to VTTCue position/line looks backwards

r12a via GitHub
joeyparrish has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping:

== tts:origin to VTTCue position/line looks backwards ==
This text in the mapping spec looks backward to me:

> To convert tts:origin to WebVTT cue settings:
> - If the block progression direction is top to bottom:
>   - The value of the "line" cue setting is the percentage value for
the second coordinate of the origin attribute.
>   - The value of the "position" cue setting is the percentage value
for the first coordinate of the origin attribute.
> - If the block progression direction is left to right:
>   - The value of the "line" cue setting is the percentage value for
the first coordinate of the origin attribute.
>   - The value of the "position" cue setting is the percentage value
for the second coordinate of the origin attribute.

The VTT spec says:

> The position defines the indent of the cue box in the direction
defined by the writing direction.

For horizontal text (left to right), the x coordinate (first
coordinate) should be used to indent the text horizontally.  Therefore
 the first coordinate should set position, not line.

Is this a mistake, or do I misunderstand the specs?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/issues/25 using your GitHub
 account

Closed: [ttml-webvtt-mapping] tts:origin to VTTCue position/line looks backwards

r12a via GitHub
joeyparrish closed this issue. See
https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/issues/25