[stylesheet] Whence the ".content" rule in the UD stylesheet?

[stylesheet] Whence the ".content" rule in the UD stylesheet?

Tab Atkins Jr.
The Unofficial Draft stylesheet
<http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/w3c-unofficial> has a rule adding a
watermark to a .content element, on line 90:

.content {
  background-image: url(//www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/watermark-unoffficial.png);
  background-repeat: repeat;
  background-attachment: fixed;
}

What's this for?  What specs have a .content element, and is this
documented anywhere?

I ask because Bikeshedded specs happen to have a "content" class on a
wrapper element in their headings, so all their headings have an
unintelligible fragment of the watermark visible.  It just looks
weird.  Example: <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text-4/>

I assume it's *supposed* to be styling the body element, it's just
targetting a class that some specs a long while ago happened to use on
their body.  Can we either remove this, or change its selector to
"body", so it stops being weird?  Either possibility works for me.

~TJ

Re: [stylesheet] Whence the ".content" rule in the UD stylesheet?

Robin Berjon-6
On 09/06/2015 00:05 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> The Unofficial Draft stylesheet
> <http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/w3c-unofficial> has a rule adding a
> watermark to a .content element, on line 90:
>
> .content {
>    background-image: url(//www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/watermark-unoffficial.png);
>    background-repeat: repeat;
>    background-attachment: fixed;
> }
>
> What's this for?  What specs have a .content element, and is this
> documented anywhere?

I suspect this is an ancient leftover. I would suggest a pull request to
kill it.

Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 2:17 AM, Robin Berjon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 09/06/2015 00:05 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> The Unofficial Draft stylesheet
>> <http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/w3c-unofficial> has a rule adding a
>> watermark to a .content element, on line 90:
>>
>> .content {
>>    background-image:
>> url(//www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/watermark-unoffficial.png);
>>    background-repeat: repeat;
>>    background-attachment: fixed;
>> }
>>
>> What's this for?  What specs have a .content element, and is this
>> documented anywhere?
>
> I suspect this is an ancient leftover. I would suggest a pull request to
> kill it.

Where? The W3C github has 11 pages of repos, and I'm feeling too lazy
to search through all of them.

~TJ

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 2:17 AM, Robin Berjon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 09/06/2015 00:05 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> The Unofficial Draft stylesheet
>>> <http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/w3c-unofficial> has a rule adding a
>>> watermark to a .content element, on line 90:
>>>
>>> .content {
>>>    background-image:
>>> url(//www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/watermark-unoffficial.png);
>>>    background-repeat: repeat;
>>>    background-attachment: fixed;
>>> }
>>>
>>> What's this for?  What specs have a .content element, and is this
>>> documented anywhere?
>>
>> I suspect this is an ancient leftover. I would suggest a pull request to
>> kill it.
>
> Where? The W3C github has 11 pages of repos, and I'm feeling too lazy
> to search through all of them.

Never mind, I found the repo (https://github.com/w3c/tr-design), but
there's no UD stylesheet there. ;_;

~TJ

On 09/06/2015 20:47 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Where? The W3C github has 11 pages of repos, and I'm feeling too lazy
>> to search through all of them.
>
> Never mind, I found the repo (https://github.com/w3c/tr-design), but
> there's no UD stylesheet there. ;_;

Sorry, I wasn't clear — I just assumed you'd know about this :) My bad.

I've filed an issue on the off chance that it was intentional for some
reason:

     https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/issues/19

If not I'll just add it. This is reassuring because that style sheet
contains bugs that I thought I'd fixed across the board.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon