static typing, formal semantics at risk

Liam R. E. Quin
Static typing fans,

The XPath and XQuery Formal Semantics document, and the
pessimistic static typing feature shared by XPath 2, XSLT 2
and XQuery, is at risk of being dropped, or at least no longer
being normative.

This is mostly because we don't have resources to do the work.
(there's also a question of to what extent the type system should
be optimistic or poessimistic, but since we don't really have
resources to keep it up to date, it's about to be gone-imistic).

I'm posting because if you are reading this, maybe you are
someone who has time and ability to help us out.

If so, please cantact me.

Thanks!

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/