srcset proposal is not fully responsive?

srcset proposal is not fully responsive?

Marcos Caceres-2
Hi,
In section "Processing the image candidates", the srcset spec [1] says:

"The user agent may at any time run the following algorithm to update an img element's image in order to react to changes in the environment. (User agents are not required to ever run this algorithm.)"

The RICG is wondering why this is not at least a SHOULD or a MUST? Most developers would expect this to work like media queries (i.e., always "responsive" to environmental changes).

Some clarification would be great.

Kind regards,
Marcos

PS: the srcset spec does not yet have a component in Bugzilla. Would be great to be able to file bugs there on this spec.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/srcset/#processing-the-image-candidates

Re: srcset proposal is not fully responsive?

Edward O'Connor-2
Hi Marcos,

You wrote:

> Some clarification would be great.

I've captured this comment in Bug 19490, and have CCed you on it.

> PS: the srcset spec does not yet have a component in Bugzilla.

Good point! Philippe has just created a component for it.

Thanks,
Ted

On 11 Oct 2012, at 23:50, Edward O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Marcos,
>
> You wrote:
>
>> Some clarification would be great.
>
> I've captured this comment in Bug 19490, and have CCed you on it.

Excellent, thanks!

>> PS: the srcset spec does not yet have a component in Bugzilla.
>
> Good point! Philippe has just created a component for it.

Awesome :) thank you.