soliciting detailed non-xml use cases

James Fuller-2
We are now starting to dig into the gritty details of enabling XProc
v2 to be able to process non-xml documents and let them
participate/flow through pipelines.

Vojtech made good progress in enumerating some of the more common use
cases here;

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2012Apr/0037.html

Would ask if anyone has any specific use cases that include non-xml
processing to highlight them here ... apologies if this is repeated
request for information.

Jim Fuller

Re: soliciting detailed non-xml use cases

Dave Pawson-2
Mine was always including code - which I don't want to duplicate
in the XML? Now resolved with xinclude.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk

Re: soliciting detailed non-xml use cases

Florent Georges-5
On 28 January 2015 at 12:20, James Fuller wrote:

  Hi,

> We are now starting to dig into the gritty details of enabling XProc
> v2 to be able to process non-xml documents and let them
> participate/flow through pipelines.

  Pleased to hear so!  This is not a use case, but you might be
interested in having a look at the EXPath Binary module, providing
support for binary data in XPath and XDM.  I know (99% sure) it is
implemented in Saxon.  Not sure it is in other products, but I am sure
I heard interested from at least eXist and BaseX:

    http://expath.org/spec/binary

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/