semi-broken link in patent policy

Sandro Hawke

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/ says:

      For implementation material and other informative documents,
      please see the W3C Patent Policy Overview.

linking to:

      http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent/

which obviously should be something like:

      http://www.w3.org/2003/12/22-pp-faq
      http://www.w3.org/2004/02/05-patentsummary.html
      http://www.w3.org/2004/03/pp-points-20040210.html

but isn't.   (It's an empty "coming soon" page, dated 2003.)

It also seems to me the patent policy document, itself, should link to
the easy-to-read documents more prominently, perhaps even like the
yellow box on:

      http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/

      -- Sandro

Re: semi-broken link in patent policy

Ian Jacobs-2

On 8 Apr 2010, at 2:39 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/ says:
>
>      For implementation material and other informative documents,
>      please see the W3C Patent Policy Overview.
>
> linking to:
>
>      http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent/
>
> which obviously should be something like:
>
>      http://www.w3.org/2003/12/22-pp-faq
>      http://www.w3.org/2004/02/05-patentsummary.html
>      http://www.w3.org/2004/03/pp-points-20040210.html
>
> but isn't.   (It's an empty "coming soon" page, dated 2003.)
>
> It also seems to me the patent policy document, itself, should link to
> the easy-to-read documents more prominently, perhaps even like the
> yellow box on:

+1; I'll add more useful information.

  _ Ian

--
Ian Jacobs ([hidden email])    http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                                      +1 718 260 9447