scXML recommendation (http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-scxml-20150901/) §3.12.1

CAMPION Pascal

Good morning,

I have a hard time understanding this sentence in http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-scxml-20150901/#EventDescriptors :

For example, a transition with an 'event' attribute of "error foo" will match event names "error", "error.send", "error.send.failed", etc. (or "foo", "foo.bar" etc.) but would not match events named "errors.my.custom", "errorhandler.mistake", "error.send" or "foobar".

This sentence explain that the pattern "error foo" will, at the same time, match and not match the event "error.send".

I think that the later occurrence is erroneous, and should be partially capitalized ("Error.send" for example).

Regards,

Pascal Campion

Re: scXML recommendation (http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-scxml-20150901/) §3.12.1

Jim Barnett
Pascal,
  You are correct that the sentence doesn't make sense as it stands, and that the second occurrence of 'error.send' should be partially capitalized.  The sentence should be:

"...but would not match events named "errors.my.custom", "errorhandler.mistake", "errOr.send" or "foobar".

(Ah, the evils of automatic spelling correction.)  Thanks for catching this.  We are creating an errata document and will add it.

- Jim