rollup table of Schema elements and attributes used

rollup table of Schema elements and attributes used

paul.downey

It seems that a common user story for our specs is:

   "is [schema feature foo] a Basic or Advanced pattern?"

This is currently tricky to find, especially when the element name
doesn't appear in a spec, e.g. "xs:choice" doesn't appear in Basic.

Philippe suggests a rollup table of xs:schema elements and attributes
with a link to the patterns referencing them, akin to the use of
elements in the HTML spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html

Paul

Re: rollup table of Schema elements and attributes used

Philippe Le Hegaret
On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 20:33 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> It seems that a common user story for our specs is:
>
>    "is [schema feature foo] a Basic or Advanced pattern?"
>
> This is currently tricky to find, especially when the element name
> doesn't appear in a spec, e.g. "xs:choice" doesn't appear in Basic.
>
> Philippe suggests a rollup table of xs:schema elements and attributes
> with a link to the patterns referencing them, akin to the use of
> elements in the HTML spec:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html

Attached are rollup tables for databinding basic specification generated
after adding a template in databinding.xsl and a section in
basic-source.xml. If the Group likes the proposal, I'm happy to do a CVS
commit of my additions.

Regards,

Philippe

basic.html (247K) Download Attachment

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 13:54 -0500, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Attached are rollup tables for databinding basic specification generated
> after adding a template in databinding.xsl and a section in
> basic-source.xml. If the Group likes the proposal, I'm happy to do a CVS
> commit of my additions.

Oops, I realized there are duplicates in the element and attribute
tables. Anyway, this gives a good enough idea of the proposal.

Philippe

RE: rollup table of Schema elements and attributes used

paul.downey

H Philippe!

>> Attached are rollup tables for databinding basic specification generated
>> after adding a template in databinding.xsl and a section in
>> basic-source.xml. If the Group likes the proposal,

looks great! This should help the "is xs:foo supported by Basic" question.

>> I'm happy to do a CVS commit of my additions.

please feel free! - don't forget we have edcopy/advanced and edcopy/basic,
both are generated from edcopy/patterns with some spec stuff in edcopy/common.

> Oops, I realized there are duplicates in the element and attribute
> tables. Anyway, this gives a good enough idea of the proposal.

I guess a sort might help. I personally think keeping the datatypes
separate, it would be OK to have the elements and attributes in the
same table, but that's up to you.

Thanks once again.

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 17:52 +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> >> I'm happy to do a CVS commit of my additions.
>
> please feel free! - don't forget we have edcopy/advanced and edcopy/basic,
> both are generated from edcopy/patterns with some spec stuff in edcopy/common.

done. I modified the following documents:
 common/databinding.xsl
 basic/basic-source.xml
 advanced/advanced-source.xml

and also added common/schema-summary.xml

> > Oops, I realized there are duplicates in the element and attribute
> > tables. Anyway, this gives a good enough idea of the proposal.
>
> I guess a sort might help.

done

>  I personally think keeping the datatypes
> separate, it would be OK to have the elements and attributes in the
> same table, but that's up to you.

I kept them separate for the moment. There is certainly room for
improvements on that side,

Philippe