The 'XmlPlus xsd2cpp' is an open-source tool which provides XML data binding for C++ through XML Schema.
The xsd2cpp tool is a C++ code generator. The xsd2cpp tool when invoked on an input XML Schema, generates C++ classes(headers) mapped to the input XML Schema components. Alongside, wherever needed, it generates implementation files(.cpp) for the generated C++ classes. Also, a sample application(main.cpp) is generated to demonstrate how an application could consume the generated C++ source files.
- xsd2cpp generates C++ XML Objects(X/O mapping)
- XML I/O ie. marshalling & un-marshalling (serialization-deserialization)
- provides "simple to use" C++ XML data binding.
- deserialization has in-built validation.
- roundtrip retains processing instructions and comments