request support for more types when casting

request support for more types when casting

Jeremy J Carroll
This is a formal comment on section 17.1 or SPARQL 1.1 Query
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-sparql11-query-20130321/#operandDataTypes

I was recently disappointed that xsd:date was not in the first list of supported datatypes (for casting), i.e.
I am using strdt() as a workaround. When this recommendation is next reviewed I request that this list be expanded (at least to include xsd:date), but maybe to include all primitive datatypes (perhaps except xsd:duration which is specifically difficult)

Jeremy