regrets

Jonathan Chetwynd
regrets,

it is with profound regret that I find my other commitments prevent me from contributing further to developments at W3C.

I had always felt that w3c's reliance on commercial funding distorted the progress of specifications.
Most particularly in respect of the needs of the end-user and particularly the less literate, including the large community of people with learning disabilities.

Communication is most successful when it is a two-way process, this requires that specifications are rigorously tested to ensure that all users are enabled to author and publish on an equal footing, as far as is reasonable and possible.

Instead guilds are developing who's self interest has rather different motivations.

regards

my logo

Jonathan Chetwynd

[hidden email]