redirect after a successful DELETE

Mathieu Rochette-2
hello,

I have an html form which send a DELETE request (disguise as a POST +
hidden X-http-method-overwrite=DELETE)
when the request is a success I'd like the browser to be redirected to
another page.

with a POST request I would send a 303 response but can I do that with a
DELETE request?

regards,
mat

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment

Re: redirect after a successful DELETE

Jan Algermissen-2

On May 7, 2011, at 2:36 PM, Mathieu Rochette wrote:

> hello,
>
> I have an html form which send a DELETE request (disguise as a POST + hidden X-http-method-overwrite=DELETE)
> when the request is a success I'd like the browser to be redirected to another page.
>
> with a POST request I would send a 303 response but can I do that with a DELETE request?

Yes. 303 applies to any method.

Jan