recent html5 announcement

Jeffery Pugh
I see the new announcment for html5 "Last Call" and "Recommendation",
and I was wondering what is meant by. "Last Call"?

I assume that "Recommendation" means the final publishished standard?
Yes/no?

Re: recent html5 announcement

T.J. Crowder
Hi,

I see the new announcment for html5 "Last Call" and "Recommendation",
and I was wondering what is meant by. "Last Call"?

You can find the W3C standards process and a description of its various levels here:
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr

I assume that "Recommendation" means the final publishished standard?
Yes/no?

The W3C has three levels of "Recommendation" (this is covered by the link above). Recommendations at the third and final level, "W3C Recommendation (REC)", are "...similar to the standards published by other organizations." That is the level of the HTML 4.01 recommendation, for instance.

HTH,
--
T.J. Crowder
Independent Software Engineer