rddl:nature for WADL and OpenSearch?

Paul Denning

I am glad to see RDDL being used by W3C and OASIS for namespace documents.
http://del.icio.us/mitrepauld/rddl+xmlns

What if one of these namespace documents (or any RDDL document,
perhaps not associated with a namespace) wanted to point to a WADL or
OpenSearch description?

What rddl:nature or xlink:role should be used?

<q cite="http://www.rddl.org/natures/">
When a referenced resource is XML and its nature can be inferred from
the namespace URI of the root element, this namespace URI is the
nature of the referenced resource.
</q>

So, WADL would use

rddl:nature="http://research.sun.com/wadl"

OpenSearch 1.1 would use

rddl:nature="http://a9.com/-/spec/opensearch/1.1/"

http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/1.1

Comments?

Paul

Re: rddl:nature for WADL and OpenSearch?

Marc Hadley
On Nov 9, 2006, at 12:16 PM, Paul Denning wrote:

> I am glad to see RDDL being used by W3C and OASIS for namespace
> documents.
> http://del.icio.us/mitrepauld/rddl+xmlns
>
> What if one of these namespace documents (or any RDDL document,
> perhaps not associated with a namespace) wanted to point to a WADL
> or OpenSearch description?
>
> What rddl:nature or xlink:role should be used?
>
> <q cite="http://www.rddl.org/natures/">
> When a referenced resource is XML and its nature can be inferred
> from the namespace URI of the root element, this namespace URI is
> the nature of the referenced resource.
> </q>
>
> So, WADL would use
>
> rddl:nature="http://research.sun.com/wadl"

The namespace for the latest version of the specification is:

http://research.sun.com/wadl/2006/10

see https://wadl.dev.java.net/#spec

Thanks,
Marc.