quotes in story from Ian Hickson on time and other elements -- does the W3C even know of these?

quotes in story from Ian Hickson on time and other elements -- does the W3C even know of these?

Shelley Powers
An article[1] just published seemingly quotes several plans by Ian
Hickson to add several more elements regardless of W3C leadership
opinion of said plans. At least, that's the impression I have.

This state of chaos does effectively demonstrate that HTML5 is not at
Last Call quality. Since the W3C leadership is having a difficult time
containing the HTML5 editor, I would suggest that the group pull the
document back to Draft status and then consider how something resembling
order can be salvaged from the group's effort.

My first suggestion is to replace the HTML5 editor.

Shelley

[1]
http://www.netmagazine.com/news/ian-hickson-responds-over-html5-getting-time-element-back-111552