"Ontology-Driven Knowledge Acquisition thanks to a Ontology-Driven Web Interface"

"Ontology-Driven Knowledge Acquisition thanks to a Ontology-Driven Web Interface"

Chabot Bernard
Dear group members,

For our consulting activities, we are building knowledge bases about "Enterprise Architecture" and/or "Product Lifecycle Management" topics.

We are using an EA ontology in order to be able to use an ontology-driven knowledge acquisition process ...

More explanations about our approach here : https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Hello-World-Post-8101187.S.5863926086101925888?qid=b6720bad-6e29-45fd-9049-a9316a72a53d&trk=groups_items_see_more-0-b-ttl

But we are facing a issue, because - by lack of available software component - it is very difficult to conciliate both :

-   A ontology-driven knowledge acquisition process

-   Make this knowledge acquisition thanks to a web interface (and in the better case with a ontology-driven web interface)

We are currently looking for a solution which could allows us to acquire knowledge, both :

-       thanks to a web interface (because our end-users are not comfortable with tools like Protégé, and they want to work in a full web environment)

-          according a ontology-driven approach (because we need to build strongly structured knowledge bases, because we are exploiting those KB with a "Semantic Cartography" paradigm as described here : http://www.topincs.com/SemanticCartography/1345)

Here are our current finding about the topic "Ontology-Driven Knowledge Acquisition thanks to a Ontology-Driven Web Interface" : http://www.topincs.com/SemanticCartography/1775

ð  But most of the projects / tools are no more active, or not compliant with OWL ontology, or not suitable with ours requirements (Cf in "PS"), …

From our point of view, the topic “Ontology-Driven Knowledge Acquisition thanks to a Ontology-Driven Web Interface” is really a key issue for ontology-driven application,

BUT there is no really “standard”, “high level” (by W3C, OMG, …) initiative in order to address this issue.

Well, I wonder if some group members are sharing this point of view and/or if some of you are interested to make this topic more "visible" for the SW community ? And also if this group could "host" such a initiative ?

Best Regards

Bernard Chabot

PS : For information, we are especially sensible with orientations described :

   - at this web page : http://palindrom.es/phd/research/gaffe/

   - or in this paper resume : https://www.researchgate.net/publication/261388801_Ontological_model_driven_GUI_development_User_Interface_Ontology_approach

ð In short by a web interface driven both by the domain ontology AND a “interface ontology” (i.e. representation / visualization ontology … something close to the approach proposed by VISO : http://www-st.inf.tu-dresden.de/smtvis/blog/)