proprietary attributes

erik_t
Hi,

I'm trying to work around a warning tidy spits out for a proprietary attribute.
That's the line in question:

and tidy prints out the following warning:
  line 45 column 9 - Warning:
 proprietary attribute "role"

I tried to use the --drop-proprietary-attributes option but it doesn't change anything. Even if I specify --errors it will still print the warning message. I'm not so concerned about the warning, though, it's more because I use tidy for automated testing and read out the exit code. So I need tidy to exit with 0 (which it doesn't because of the proprietary attribute).

Is there anything I'm missing here?

Thanks
Erik

Re: proprietary attributes

Bjoern Hoehrmann
* erik_t wrote:

>I'm trying to work around a warning tidy spits out for a proprietary
>attribute.
>That's the line in question:

>and tidy prints out the following warning:
>  line 45 column 9 - Warning: <table> proprietary attribute "role"
>
>I tried to use the --drop-proprietary-attributes option but it doesn't
>change anything. Even if I specify --errors it will still print the warning
>message. I'm not so concerned about the warning, though, it's more because I
>use tidy for automated testing and read out the exit code. So I need tidy to
>exit with 0 (which it doesn't because of the proprietary attribute).
>
>Is there anything I'm missing here?

I believe there is no way to suppress the warning and have Tidy exit
with a different status code. Note that with the option above Tidy
will drop the attribute and will not complain if you run it over the
output again. You will have to find another way to test for whether
Tidy found any problems you actually care about.

Re: proprietary attributes

erik_t
Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote
I believe there is no way to suppress the warning and have Tidy exit
with a different status code. Note that with the option above Tidy
will drop the attribute and will not complain if you run it over the
output again. You will have to find another way to test for whether
Tidy found any problems you actually care about.
Thanks, that means it works completely different from what I thought it would.
I guess the 2-run method should give me the result I'm looking for.

Erik