problem with styling generated TOC links

problem with styling generated TOC links

Cameron McCormack-4
I’m trying to apply the new TR style sheet to the SVG 2 spec, and I
think there is a problem with the fixup.js script and the base.css style
sheet in https://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/2016/.  The script generates:

<nav id="toc-nav">
  <a id="toc-jump" href="#toc">
    <abbr>...</abbr>
  </a>
  <a id="toc-toggle" class="toc-toggle" href="#toc">
    <attr>...</title>
  </a>
</nav>

and inserts it as the first child of the <body>.  base.css though has
styles like:

  body > #toc-toggle {
    position: fixed;
  }

Are the script and style sheet out of sync?

Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Re: problem with styling generated TOC links

fantasai
On 02/19/2016 12:33 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> I’m trying to apply the new TR style sheet to the SVG 2 spec, and I
> think there is a problem with the fixup.js script and the base.css style
> sheet in https://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/2016/.  The script generates:
>
> <nav id="toc-nav">
>    <a id="toc-jump" href="#toc">
>      <abbr>...</abbr>
>    </a>
>    <a id="toc-toggle" class="toc-toggle" href="#toc">
>      <attr>...</title>
>    </a>
> </nav>
>
> and inserts it as the first child of the <body>.  base.css though has
> styles like:
>
>    body > #toc-toggle {
>      position: fixed;
>    }
>
> Are the script and style sheet out of sync?

Looks like it. Though the W3C copye was apparently modified today. Weird.

~fantasai