potential grammatical error(s) in latest draft

potential grammatical error(s) in latest draft

Wayne Smith
Colleagues,

With respect to the latest HTML+RDFa draft at:

        http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-rdfa-in-html-20100304/

I believe there are two grammatical errors (both of the same type).

1.
Section 6 (Infoset-based Processors)

"While the intent of the RDFa processing instructions were to provide a
set of rules that are as language and toolchain agnostic as possible,
for the sake of clarity, detailed methods of extracting RDFa content
from processors operating on an XML Information Set are provided below."

In this sentence, I proffer that "...were..." should be "...is..." (or
possibly, but less likely, "...was...").  Specifically, the tense of the
"to be" (copula) verb refers to the (singular) tense of the noun that is
the subject of the main clause ("...intent...") rather than the (plural)
tense of the noun in the prepositional clause ("...of the RDFa
processing instructions...").

2.
Section 7 (DOM Level 2-based Processors)

"While the intent of the RDFa processing instructions were to provide a
set of rules that are as language and toolchain agnostic as possible,
for the sake of clarity, detailed methods of extracting RDFa content
from processors operating in a DOM2 environment are provided below."

ibid. (same issue)

Best,

Wayne Smith