Candace Smith

Exelon cancels security contract at nuke plant

SAN FRANCISCO - Exelon Corp said on Monday it will cancel its contract
with Wackenhut Nuclear
Security to manage security guards at its Peach Bottom nuclear power
plant in Pennsylvania after an investigation found guards
were sleeping or "inattentive" in a plant ready room.

"This is not acceptable and we will not tolerate it," said Chris Crane,
chief operating officer at Exelon Nuclear.

Crane said there was not a security or safety threat to the public, but
added: "We are dealing with unacceptable behavior, and
we will fix it." (Reporting by Leonard Anderson)