owl:oneOf and owl:DataRange

Turner, David

The mapping rules for OWL ontologies translate

  oneOf(v1 ... vn)

  _:x rdf:type owl:DataRange
  [and some other triples]

However, the RDF-compatible semantics says, in the table entitled
'Further conditions on owl:oneOf' that if

  x owl:oneOf [v1 ... vn]

then x \in IDC. I suspect that this IDC should be replaced by

  CEXT_I(S_I(owl:DataRange))

and that elsewhere it should be asserted that

  CEXT_I(S_I(owl:DataRange)) \subseteq IDC

to ensure that the translation of oneOf satisfies the appropriate
triples.

Cheers,

Dave

--
Dave Turner  Cube T400, HP Labs Bristol, Filton Road, Bristol BS34 8QZ
[hidden email]          +44 117 3129104 (Work) +44 7962 811627 (Mobile)

Hewlett-Packard Limited. Registered No: 690597 England