on Ubuntu 11.10 : editor content not showing

Threaded

on Ubuntu 11.10 : editor content not showing

Jean-Marc Vanel-2
Hi

Glad to hear about a next release.

I'm using Amaya on Ubuntu 11.10, but there is an annoying bug.
When opening a new document, the editor content is not showing (that is, completely white), until doing a small resize of the window.

Kind regards
--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Déductions SARL - Consulting, services, training,

Re: on Ubuntu 11.10 : editor content not showing

Jeff Hunt-5
I can confirm this is happening on my Ubunutu 11.10 as well. Great
that the menu absence has been fixed.
It is good to hear of a new release.

-Jeff

2011/11/8 Jean-Marc Vanel <[hidden email]>
Hi

Glad to hear about a next release.

I'm using Amaya on Ubuntu 11.10, but there is an annoying bug.
When opening a new document, the editor content is not showing (that is, completely white), until doing a small resize of the window.

Nice to have a new release !
But the bug has not disappeared on Ubuntu 11.10 .

Kind regards
--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Déductions SARL - Consulting, services, training,
Rule-based programming, Semantic Web
http://jmvanel.free.fr/ - EulerGUI, a turntable GUI for Semantic Web + rules, XML, UML, eCore, Java bytecode
chat :  irc://irc.freenode.net#eulergui

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Déductions SARL - Consulting, services, training,
Rule-based programming, Semantic Web
http://jmvanel.free.fr/ - EulerGUI, a turntable GUI for Semantic Web + rules, XML, UML, eCore, Java bytecode
+33 (0)6 89 16 29 52
chat :  irc://irc.freenode.net#eulergui
Threaded

Re: on Ubuntu 11.10 : editor content not showing

Laurent Carcone-2
Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:

> 2011/11/8 Jean-Marc Vanel <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi
>
>     Glad to hear about a next release.
>
>     I'm using Amaya on Ubuntu 11.10, but there is an annoying bug.
>     When opening a new document, the editor content is not showing
>     (that is, completely white), until doing a small resize of the window.
>

> Nice to have a new release !
> But the bug has not disappeared on Ubuntu 11.10 .

Hello,

This problem seems specific to Unity. I guess a solution should be to
upgrade to a more recent version of wxWidgets but we don't plan to work
on it.

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone

Threaded

Re: on Ubuntu 11.10 : editor content not showing

Cay Horstmann
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Laurent Carcone <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:
>>

>> 2011/11/8 Jean-Marc Vanel <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>

>>    Hi
>>
>>    Glad to hear about a next release.
>>
>>    I'm using Amaya on Ubuntu 11.10, but there is an annoying bug.
>>    When opening a new document, the editor content is not showing
>>    (that is, completely white), until doing a small resize of the window.
>>

>> Nice to have a new release ! But the bug has not disappeared on Ubuntu
>> 11.10 .
>

> Hello,
>
> This problem seems specific to Unity. I guess a solution should be to
> upgrade to a more recent version of wxWidgets but we don't plan to work on
> it.
>
> Thanks,
> Laurent Carcone

That same annoying bug is present on Ubuntu 12.04, even when one
doesn't use Unity (e.g. Xubuntu, Lubuntu).

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Cay Horstmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Laurent Carcone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:
>>>

>>> 2011/11/8 Jean-Marc Vanel <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>>

>>>    Hi
>>>
>>>    Glad to hear about a next release.
>>>
>>>    I'm using Amaya on Ubuntu 11.10, but there is an annoying bug.
>>>    When opening a new document, the editor content is not showing
>>>    (that is, completely white), until doing a small resize of the window.
>>>

>>> Nice to have a new release ! But the bug has not disappeared on Ubuntu
>>> 11.10 .
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> This problem seems specific to Unity. I guess a solution should be to
>> upgrade to a more recent version of wxWidgets but we don't plan to work on
>> it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Laurent Carcone
>>

> That same annoying bug is present on Ubuntu 12.04, even when one
> doesn't use Unity (e.g. Xubuntu, Lubuntu).

Actually, I take that back. I first installed lubuntu-desktop inside
the regular Ubuntu 12.04, and then I got the display problem. But when
I later installed Lubuntu from its own ISO, the problem went away.