The minutes of today's short call are available at:
... and copied as raw text below.
Dan is to organize a special call around content transformation issues
on Monday morning as all participants cannot join next Tuesday's call.
24 Nov 2009
See also: IRC log
DKA, SeanP, achuter, adam, francois, miguel
jeffs, EdC, Kai, tomhume, yeliz
1. London F2F
2. MWABP Status Update
* Summary of Action Items
DKA: The F2F meeting is at the Paddington office.
... I will get the information together for a logistics page to
... We can reuse of the WebApps WG logistics.
... Do we have enough material for 3 days of meetings. Should we
shorten the agenda?
... We have 3 days of meeting space. So far we only 6 participants.
... If there is anyone on the call that hasn't said they are going
to participate, please sign up.
SeanP: I'll miss the Wed. F2F day. Be there for Thurs. and Fri.
Francois: If we only have 6 participants, maybe we should only use 2
days instead of 3.
DKA: It would be useful to turn one of the days into an editorial
session, even with a limited number participants.
... We can get closer to finishing the documents.
Francois: I'm not saying we can't fill the three days. I'm just
hearing complaints that we may not need the 3 days.
DKA: I think we could spend the time to finish the documents.
MWABP Status Update
<francois> Last comments from Robin Berjon on MWABP
Adam: Going through the edits. We can make come editorial changes to
... The edited version will be ready by the end of the week.
DKA: What does that mean for our schedule? Will there be a draft for
Adam: Should have version out this week.
DKA: I'm thinking about comments. If we could use the F2F time to
respond to comments, then we'll be in good position.
Adam: All of the changes to be made are editorial changes and
... We should be in good shape when that gets done.
Francois: I think it is a good idea to go back to the commenters as
soon as possible. I think it is possible to release the document
before the end of the year.
... If there are no major changes, it is possible to move to CR.
... Thanks Adam. Everyone should review the comments.
Adam: In Robin's comments, he asks that we be more specific on
DKA: I can take an action to review that.
Adam: What is the specific reference you are talking about.
<francois> ACTION: dan to review comment from Robin on 184.108.40.206 on
storage and BONDI, HTML5, and Opera Widgets [recorded in
<trackbot> Created ACTION-1026 - Review comment from Robin on
220.127.116.11 on storage and BONDI, HTML5, and Opera Widgets [on Daniel
Appelquist - due 2009-12-01].
Adam: It is 18.104.22.168.
... In 22.214.171.124, there is a reference to 406. I don't have a strong
opinion on that.
DKA: What have discussed in the past on the 406 issue? Have we
discussed sending Human read able text.
Adam: Jo may have a comment on 126.96.36.199.
Francois: This is applicable to the CTG as well.
... Sometimes mobile browsers don't display the human readable text.
<francois> MWABP 3.6.4 section
DKA: What does the MWABP say about it now?
Francois: We could add the human readable text information.
<francois> Ref. to 406 in CT
DKA: Is there text we can take from the CTG to put in the MWABP?
Francois: There some text about mobile browsers not displaying the
human readable text.
<DKA> Suggested text: "...along with a human readable content
explaining the situation in more detail. However, some browsers do
not display the content of HTTP 406 Status responses."
<achuter> sorry, noscript
Alan: Need to handle the NOSCRIPT element..
Adam: Should we reference the CTG?
DKA: Shouldn't reference the CTG in the MWABP.
Adam: Have we dealt with NOSCRIPT before?
DKA: I don't think so.
Adam: We should get Jo's thoughts on NOSCRIPT.
... Need to talk about CANVAS tag. When should SVG be used and when
should CANVAS be used?
DKA: Doesn't it make it even more flakey, if we back away from our
current tepid recommendations on this issue?
Adam: I suppose so.
DKA: Did Robin have specific recommendations?
Adam: Just to say that SVG and CANVAS should be compared, just
DKA: Let me see if I can get Robin to give some recommendations.
Adam: Could handle the comments on SVG and CANVAS and BONDI?
... We could get Robin to call into the F2F.
Adam: There are some areas that I don't have strong feelings on, so
I'd like the rest of the group to talk about it.
DKA: Can we do anything without Jo?
... Can you help Francois?
Francois: We have the usual issues with CT that we need to figure
out how to resolve.
... We got some more comments that were related to the first group
of comments. The W3C had some problems with blocking of email, so
that is why we didn't receive a lot of comments at first.
... We received some comments from Luca Passani and Mark Nottingham,
DKA: We need to publish the CT document in a meaningful way. It is
an important document.
... We could organize a special editorial meeting at the end of this
Francois: We should handle this on next weeks call when we have more
DKA: Jo will not be on next week's call. We're going to have to do
the editorial meeting this Monday.
... I'll try to organize a call on Monday morning (11/30).
... Around 3:30 UTC.
... need to get this done before the F2F.
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: dan to review comment from Robin on 188.8.131.52 on storage
and BONDI, HTML5, and Opera Widgets [recorded in
[End of minutes]
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|