[minutes] Tuesday 24 November 2009 Teleconference

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[minutes] Tuesday 24 November 2009 Teleconference

Francois Daoust
Hi,

The minutes of today's short call are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as raw text below.

Dan is to organize a special call around content transformation issues
on Monday morning as all participants cannot join next Tuesday's call.

Thanks,
Francois.


-----
24 Nov 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Nov/0022.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           DKA, SeanP, achuter, adam, francois, miguel

    Regrets
           jeffs, EdC, Kai, tomhume, yeliz

    Chair
           DKA

    Scribe
           Sean

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]London F2F
          2. [6]MWABP Status Update
          3. [7]CT
          4. [8]AOB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

London F2F

    DKA: The F2F meeting is at the Paddington office.
    ... I will get the information together for a logistics page to
    Francois.
    ... We can reuse of the WebApps WG logistics.
    ... Do we have enough material for 3 days of meetings. Should we
    shorten the agenda?
    ... We have 3 days of meeting space. So far we only 6 participants.
    ... If there is anyone on the call that hasn't said they are going
    to participate, please sign up.

    SeanP: I'll miss the Wed. F2F day. Be there for Thurs. and Fri.

    Francois: If we only have 6 participants, maybe we should only use 2
    days instead of 3.

    DKA: It would be useful to turn one of the days into an editorial
    session, even with a limited number participants.
    ... We can get closer to finishing the documents.

    Francois: I'm not saying we can't fill the three days. I'm just
    hearing complaints that we may not need the 3 days.

    DKA: I think we could spend the time to finish the documents.

MWABP Status Update

    <francois> [10]Last comments from Robin Berjon on MWABP

      [10]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2009OctDec/0064.html

    Adam: Going through the edits. We can make come editorial changes to
    clarify things.
    ... The edited version will be ready by the end of the week.

    DKA: What does that mean for our schedule? Will there be a draft for
    the F2F?

    Adam: Should have version out this week.

    DKA: I'm thinking about comments. If we could use the F2F time to
    respond to comments, then we'll be in good position.

    Adam: All of the changes to be made are editorial changes and
    tweaks.
    ... We should be in good shape when that gets done.

    Francois: I think it is a good idea to go back to the commenters as
    soon as possible. I think it is possible to release the document
    before the end of the year.
    ... If there are no major changes, it is possible to move to CR.
    ... Thanks Adam. Everyone should review the comments.

    Adam: In Robin's comments, he asks that we be more specific on
    BONDI.

    DKA: I can take an action to review that.

    Adam: What is the specific reference you are talking about.

    <francois> ACTION: dan to review comment from Robin on 3.1.2.1 on
    storage and BONDI, HTML5, and Opera Widgets [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1026 - Review comment from Robin on
    3.1.2.1 on storage and BONDI, HTML5, and Opera Widgets [on Daniel
    Appelquist - due 2009-12-01].

    Adam: It is 3.1.2.1.
    ... In 3.6.4.2, there is a reference to 406. I don't have a strong
    opinion on that.

    DKA: What have discussed in the past on the 406 issue? Have we
    discussed sending Human read able text.

    Adam: Jo may have a comment on 3.6.4.2.

    Francois: This is applicable to the CTG as well.
    ... Sometimes mobile browsers don't display the human readable text.

    <francois> [12]MWABP 3.6.4 section

      [12] http://www.w3.org/TR/mwabp/#bp-devcap-scripting-support

    DKA: What does the MWABP say about it now?

    Francois: We could add the human readable text information.

    <francois> [13]Ref. to 406 in CT

      [13] http://www.w3.org/TR/ct-guidelines/#sec-server-use-of-406

    DKA: Is there text we can take from the CTG to put in the MWABP?

    Francois: There some text about mobile browsers not displaying the
    human readable text.

    <DKA> Suggested text: "...along with a human readable content
    explaining the situation in more detail. However, some browsers do
    not display the content of HTTP 406 Status responses."

    <achuter> sorry, noscript

    Alan: Need to handle the NOSCRIPT element..

    Adam: Should we reference the CTG?

    DKA: Shouldn't reference the CTG in the MWABP.

    Adam: Have we dealt with NOSCRIPT before?

    DKA: I don't think so.

    Adam: We should get Jo's thoughts on NOSCRIPT.
    ... Need to talk about CANVAS tag. When should SVG be used and when
    should CANVAS be used?

    DKA: Doesn't it make it even more flakey, if we back away from our
    current tepid recommendations on this issue?

    Adam: I suppose so.

    DKA: Did Robin have specific recommendations?

    Adam: Just to say that SVG and CANVAS should be compared, just
    mentioned.

    DKA: Let me see if I can get Robin to give some recommendations.

    Adam: Could handle the comments on SVG and CANVAS and BONDI?

    DKA: Ok.
    ... We could get Robin to call into the F2F.

    Adam: There are some areas that I don't have strong feelings on, so
    I'd like the rest of the group to talk about it.

CT

    DKA: Can we do anything without Jo?
    ... Can you help Francois?

    Francois: We have the usual issues with CT that we need to figure
    out how to resolve.
    ... We got some more comments that were related to the first group
    of comments. The W3C had some problems with blocking of email, so
    that is why we didn't receive a lot of comments at first.
    ... We received some comments from Luca Passani and Mark Nottingham,
    for example.

    DKA: We need to publish the CT document in a meaningful way. It is
    an important document.
    ... We could organize a special editorial meeting at the end of this
    week?

    Francois: We should handle this on next weeks call when we have more
    CT participants.

    DKA: Jo will not be on next week's call. We're going to have to do
    the editorial meeting this Monday.
    ... I'll try to organize a call on Monday morning (11/30).
    ... Around 3:30 UTC.
    ... need to get this done before the F2F.

AOB

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: dan to review comment from Robin on 3.1.2.1 on storage
    and BONDI, HTML5, and Opera Widgets [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]