[minutes] Tuesday 10 November 2009 Teleconference

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[minutes] Tuesday 10 November 2009 Teleconference

Francois Daoust
Hi,

The minutes of today's short call are available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as text below.

If you haven't done so yet, please indicate if you will attend next F2F
in London:
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/f2f-london-2009/

Adam is to start the review on the last call comments received for
Mobile Web Application Best Practices:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2009OctDec/0049.html

Decisions on the comments received for the Guidelines for Web Content
Transformation Proxies were postponed in Eduardo's absence.

Next week's call is canceled for lack of chairs.
Next call is thus on Tuesday 24 November 2009.


Thanks,
Francois.

-----
10 Nov 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Nov/0013.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           francois, yeliz, jo, adam, DKA, miguel, Kai, SeanP, chaals

    Regrets
           jeffs, brucel, sangwhan, tomhume, manrique, EdC

    Chair
           jo

    Scribe
           Dan

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]London F2F
          2. [6]MWABP
          3. [7]Content Transformation
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

London F2F

    <francois> [9]F2F registration results so far

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/f2f-london-2009/results

    Jo: If you haven't done so yet, please indicate if you will attend
    f2f.

MWABP

    Jo: Lots of good comments just this morning.

    <francois> [10]list of last call comments on MWABP (member-only)

      [10]
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/37584/WD-mwabp-20091006/

    Jo: Just arrived on BP-comments list.

    <francois> [11]Initial comments from Marc Wilson

      [11]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2009OctDec/0049.html

    Jo: Where are we with latest editorial revisions.

    Adam: I've started - hope to cover them this weeks.
    ... What do to with comments?

    Jo: If you want to make some initial responses that would help.
    We'll discuss as a group before replying.

    Adam: OK.

    François: No need to be that formal. If you want to reply to Mark
    directly on the comments list that would be fine. Might be better to
    engage with commenters earlier.

    <francois> ACTION: adam to review comments from Marc Wilson and
    trigger discussion as needed [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1024 - Review comments from Marc Wilson
    and trigger discussion as needed [on Adam Connors - due 2009-11-17].

Content Transformation

    Jo: Status of replies - we haven't had many.

    François: we need to chase people down. We had many comments on the
    initial last call wd - we must know if they approve or not our final
    decision. I will take an action to chase people down.

    <francois> ACTION: daoust to try to get replies from commenters of
    the first last call working draft of CT [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1025 - Try to get replies from commenters
    of the first last call working draft of CT [on François Daoust - due
    2009-11-17].

    +1 on Bruce's presentation [saw it at FOWA].

    Jo: Ed's comments. Worth deferring discussion until he is here.
    ... I think we face a choice at this stage on moving ahead with this
    or having it stay in LC forever.

    François: We shouldn't worry right now on group not being chartered
    after December.

    Jo: Would another group be prepared to take it on?

    François: only plan would be charter extension.

    Jo: I am not in favour of making substantive changes... I don't
    think the document will ever finish if we don't finish it...

    Chaals: If there are required substantive changes then I think we
    will have a difficult time getting the group consider to go on... I
    think we need to at some time grapple with Ed's issues.

    <SeanP> +1 to not making radical changes to the CT Guidelines

    Jo: I agree but Ed's issues are additional issues. We should
    consider his contributions but should we decide to enact them then
    that would [kill] the document.

    Chaals: the way to avoid that is to grapple with the issues and
    resolve that we don't have any action to take on them.

    +1 to not making radical changes.

    +1 to ending the group on time if at all possible.

    Jo: Contributions of tests - anything else to say?

    [no]

    Dan: won't we need a charter extension anyway to shepherd the docs
    to R?

    François: Yes. The group won't have much to do during this time but
    we will need the group to be operating for administrative reasons.

    Jo: Suggest François find out what we will need to do.

    François: Would be similar to how DD operated.

    Jo: AOB?

    [none]

    <chaals> bye.. thanks Jo, Dan

    Jo: In all likelyhood next week's call will be cancelled [due to
    lack of chairs].

    ciao!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: adam to review comments from Marc Wilson and trigger
    discussion as needed [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: daoust to try to get replies from commenters of the
    first last call working draft of CT [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]