{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2016-06-23

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2016-06-23

Glenn Adams-2
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

23 Jun 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Jun/0019.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/23-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Glenn, Mike, Dolan, Andreas, Pierre, Thierry

   Regrets
   Chair
          glenn

   Scribe
          gadams

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]IMSC
         2. [6]TTML
         3. [7]Profiles Registry
         4. [8]VTT Mapping
         5. [9]HTMLCue
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   chair glenn

   trackbot, glenn is chair

   <trackbot> Sorry, gadams, I don't understand 'trackbot, glenn
   is chair'. Please refer to
   <[12]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

   trackbot, chair is glenn

   <trackbot> Sorry, gadams, I don't understand 'trackbot, chair
   is glenn'. Please refer to
   <[13]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

   <scribe> Chair: gadams

   andreas are you joining webex today?

   [14]https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/agenda

     [14] https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/agenda

   action-268?

   <trackbot> action-268 -- Nigel Megitt to Estimate timelines for
   ttml 2 deliberables with glenn -- due 2014-02-27 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/268

     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/268

   close action-268

   <trackbot> Closed action-268.

   close action-469

   <trackbot> Closed action-469.

   action-471?

   <trackbot> action-471 -- Thierry Michel to Update ttwg home
   page to point to new charter -- due 2016-06-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/471

     [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/471

   <scribe> done

   close action-471

   <trackbot> Closed action-471.

   action-441?

   <trackbot> action-441 -- Andreas Tai to Kick off the analysis
   work on the vttcue carrying html idea. -- due 2015-11-05 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441

     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441

   atai: not yet complete on action-441

   issue-224?

   <trackbot> issue-224 -- Support text placement in 3D coordinate
   spaces (not zIndex compositing). -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/224

     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/224

   gadams: moved to issue 40 on github
   ... [19]https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/40
   ... wait for nigel

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/40

   issue-322?

   <trackbot> issue-322 -- Formula for dropNTSC time expressions
   is incorrect. -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/322

     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/322

   gadams: wait for nigel to verify close

IMSC

   pal: nothing new yet to report

TTML

   gadams: expect to make new progress on TTML2 EDs andd Issues
   ... will be creating github issues for Editorial Notes that
   don't have issues

Profiles Registry

   mike: 2 activities
   ... W3C staff has been interacting with IANA folks
   ... getting comments unrelated to changes
   ... one having to do with clipboard identifiers
   ... the other is a missing URL from text
   ... useful comment about decoder behavior
   ... a few PRs to look at and commit

   gadams: thinks clipboard IDs aren't necessary

   mike: if someone is using, then let folks know
   ... if no input, then will follow up with no action taken
   results

   glenn: no other comments now
   ... process will continue with IANA review and feedback

VTT Mapping

   <atai1> I lost audio connection

   atai1: nothing to report at this time

   glenn: notes some activity on VTT spec from Simon, being driven
   by Firefox implementation

   atai1: FF doesn't yet support CSS styling of VTT

   pal: WWDC Apple announced support for VTT in AppleTV at some
   point, also not supporting CSS

   <pal>
   [21]http://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/
   wwdc_2012/wwdc_2012_session_pdfs/session_512__whats_new_in_http
   _live_streaming.pdf

     [21] http://developer.apple.com/devcenter/download.action?path=/wwdc_2012/wwdc_2012_session_pdfs/session_512__whats_new_in_http_live_streaming.pdf

   atai1: notes that without CSS support, it will be very
   difficult to have mapping from TTML and VTT

   tmichel: notes recent editorial actions on VTT (by Simon)
   ... however, there doesn't seem to have been an actions w.r.t.
   feedback on review of VTT WD
   ... i.e., need to process feedback to be able to move forward
   to CR
   ... review is done, but disposition of comments has not been
   done
   ... dsinger has (old) outstanding action item 396

   action-396?

   <trackbot> action-396 -- David Singer to Produce evidence of
   request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive -- due
   2015-04-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396

     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396

   tmichel: need to discuss how to move forward on VTT in general
   within TTWG

   atai1: there has been little or no input from community group
   ... wonders about what is happening in CG

   tmichel: to go to CR, need to follow through on process
   ... possibly a subset

   pal: has W3M raised with co-chairs?

   <atai1> replace - "atai1: there has been little or no traffic
   on the community group reflector"

   tmichel: possibly need to move issues on VTT to github

   atai1: note that community group may be more than CG reflector,
   e.g., github
   ... tests on the mapping is dealing with 3 specs: old,
   un-updated VTT spec, used by most implementations, then what is
   in browsers, then what is newly added to spec
   ... very difficult to determine what can be used as reference
   for mapping

   tmichel: possibly publish a subset

   gadams: need guidance from co-chairs and W3M contacts on how to
   move forward on VTT

   action tmichel to contact co-chairs and essential parties on
   how to move forward on VTT; need an action plan

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-473 - Contact co-chairs and essential
   parties on how to move forward on vtt; need an action plan [on
   Thierry Michel - due 2016-06-30].

HTMLCue

   atai1: nothing to report at this time

   gadams: no other agenda items, nigel will chair next week

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________