[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-07-07

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-07-07

r12a
https://www.w3.org/2016/07/07-i18n-minutes.html



text version follows:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

07 Jul 2016

    [2]Agenda

       [2]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2016Jul/0000.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/07/07-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           JcK, Addison, Steven, Richard

    Regrets
           Felix, David

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Radar and Active Work Review
          5. [9]Review: Activity Streams and Webmention
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

    richard: time zone offsets?

Action Items

    [12]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [12] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-534?

    <trackbot> action-534 -- Addison Phillips to Ping martin about
    unicode in xml -- due 2016-06-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/534

      [13] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/534

    close action-534

    <trackbot> Closed action-534.

    action-535?

    <trackbot> action-535 -- Addison Phillips to Add note to issue
    33 saying we don't agree before closing -- due 2016-06-30 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/535

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/535

    close action-535

    <trackbot> Closed action-535.

    action-536?

    <trackbot> action-536 -- Richard Ishida to Publish
    predefined-counter-styles as a wg note -- due 2016-06-30 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/536

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/536

    action-538?

    <trackbot> action-538 -- Addison Phillips to Work with richard
    and plh to establish procedure for bringing changes to encoding
    forward -- due 2016-06-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/538

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/538

    <scribe> pending for 2 weeks, due to plh etc. being away

    <r12a> regrets Felix

Info Share

    sign up for TPAC

    <r12a> [17]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/AV_TPAC2016/

      [17] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/AV_TPAC2016/

    <r12a> [18]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2016/

      [18] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2016/

    a/v request: projector, flip chart, phone??

Radar and Active Work Review

    [19]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/radar/

      [19] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/radar/

    <r12a> [20]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

      [20] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

    richard: another about to come through
    ... with lots of calendars and dates

    <r12a> [21]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/

      [21] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/

    richard: not FPWD

    [22]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

      [22] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

Review: Activity Streams and Webmention

    [23]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

      [23] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/166

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/166

    [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/167

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/167

    jck: text/plain is us-ascii if no charset
    ... parameter should almost be required

    forward this

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/168

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/168

    is this thing multipart? how does it get localized? language
    negotiation via accept-language?

    forward this

    [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/171

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/171

    2016-07-09T13: 12:11+08:00

    [28]https://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/

      [28] https://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/

    2016-12-30T13: 12:11+07:00

    America/Phoenix

    health warning

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/172

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/172

    [30]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/173

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/173

    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/174

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/174

    [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/176

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/176

    (discussion of need for language and direction)

    [33]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/177

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/177

    [34]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/178

      [34] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/178

    [35]https://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-vocabulary/#dfn-name

      [35] https://www.w3.org/TR/activitystreams-vocabulary/#dfn-name

    [36]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/179

      [36] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/179

    This is not based on any of the formats in ISO 8601. It is
    intended to be a more human-readable alternative to the ISO
    8601 duration format.

    [37]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/175

      [37] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/175

    content-language? or document as a whole could have a field for
    the default?

    "content": "foo"

    "content": "foo"@en

    <JcK> Re: 179 - yes, but there aer, again, multiple supposedly
    human-friendly formats in popular use and most of them are
    confusable with each other and inconsistent in edge cases, so
    this is not a happy situation either.

    name: name; name-dir:rtl; name-lang=en

    we have a wiki somewhere

    <r12a> [38]https://github.com/whatwg/encoding/issues

      [38] https://github.com/whatwg/encoding/issues

    [39]https://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/encodin
    g-dbl-byte.en

      [39]
https://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/encoding-dbl-byte.en

    [40]https://github.com/whatwg/encoding/issues/62

      [40] https://github.com/whatwg/encoding/issues/62

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]