[minutes] BPWG call 2010-07-20

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[minutes] BPWG call 2010-07-20

Francois Daoust
Hi,

The minutes of today's call are available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2010/07/20-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as raw text below.

In very short:
- MWABP published as a second last call, we need to receive the couple of implementation reports that we still need to turn all lights green. Request to advance MWABP should be sent as soon as possible.

- Group extended until 31 October 2010. Need to formulate an action plan (action on Jo to do that with Francois and Dan)

- Summer schedule:
  * 27 July: no call
  * 3 August: no call
  * 10 August: call chaired by Dan
  * 17 August: we'll see
  * 24 August: back to normal

Thanks,
Francois.

-----
20 Jul 2010

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/07/20-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           adam, francois, SeanP, EdC, jo

    Regrets
           DKA, tomhume, miguel, yeliz

    Chair
           jo

    Scribe
           SeanP

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Mobile Web Application Best Practices
          2. [5]CT
          3. [6]Charter extension
          4. [7]Issues and Actions
          5. [8]AOB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Mobile Web Application Best Practices

    Francois: The document was published as a 2nd last call working
    draft on the 13th of July.
    ... It includes the changes we agreed on. We've asked people to
    review the document again. We've removed 3 BPs; not expecting
    substansive changes.

    <francois> [10]fd's email on MWABP

      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2010Jul/0004.html

    Francois: We're in good shape. We need a few more implementation
    reports.
    ... I'm trying to get in touch with a few mobile developers for BP
    implementations. We need the developers to submit the implementation
    reports.
    ... We received 2 last call comments last week. They look minor, but
    we'll need to address them. We may wait until the end of the review
    period to address them all.

    <francois> [11]BPWG comments mailing-list

      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/

    Francois: Comments shoudl be submitted to the comments mailing list.

CT

    Jo: We're still looking for implementation reports.

    <francois> seanp: still working on that. Need to talk to marketing.
    Will let you know next time, hopefully.

Charter extension

    Francois: We've been extended. The charter now runs to end of Oct.
    2010. The director says we should not count on another extension. I
    don't think we really want that anyway. We don't want to delay BP2
    anymore.

    Jo: When does the review period end?

    Francois: Review period ends 6 Aug.

    Jo: Agree with not having another extension. We'd have to get
    everything done by then. We should put together a timetable.

    <jo> ACTION: Jo to formulate action plan with Francois and Dan
    [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/20-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1062 - Formulate action plan with Francois
    and Dan [on Jo Rabin - due 2010-07-27].

    <francois> [13]BPWG Roadmap

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/roadmap.html

    Francois: I updated the roadmap. It is linked from the charter. I've
    listed the 2 remaining steps. Need PR by Sept. if we want to be done
    by Oct.

    Jo: Topic: Summer break
    ... Need to be back by summer break by late Aug.

    Francois: I'll be back by Aug. 24th.

    Jo: [Garbled]
    ... We need Dan back by the 10th.

    Francois: We don't need a call next week.

    Jo: No call on July 27th, no call on Aug. 3rd, a call on Aug. 10th
    chaired by Dan, the 17th is unclear, and we'll need to be back by
    Aug. 24th.

    OK with me.

    <EdC> Ok with me.

    <francois> +1

    <adam> +!

    <adam> +1

Issues and Actions

    <francois> ACTION-1034?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1034 -- François Daoust to investigate about
    opportunities to promote mobileOK with the European Commission --
    due 2009-12-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1034

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1034

    <jo> ACTION-1042?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1042 -- Sean Patterson to do his best to encourage
    his colleagues to allow some time to be spent on CT test suite --
    due 2010-03-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1042

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1042

    <francois> francois: investigated internally. Not much we can do
    without support from other members. Happy to do it otherwise.

    <francois> close ACTION-1034

    <trackbot> ACTION-1034 Investigate about opportunities to promote
    mobileOK with the European Commission closed

    <jo> close ACTION-1034

    <trackbot> ACTION-1034 Investigate about opportunities to promote
    mobileOK with the European Commission closed

    <jo> close action-1042

    <trackbot> ACTION-1042 Do his best to encourage his colleagues to
    allow some time to be spent on CT test suite closed

    <jo> close action-1048

    <trackbot> ACTION-1048 Give the Israeli's a ping ref their email on
    MWABP closed

    <jo> ACTION-1049?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1049 -- Sean Patterson to come back to the group
    by next call with a yes/no on writing some challenge tests for CT.
    -- due 2010-05-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1049

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1049

    <jo> close ACTION-1049

    <trackbot> ACTION-1049 Come back to the group by next call with a
    yes/no on writing some challenge tests for CT. closed

    <jo> ACTION-1052?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1052 -- Daniel Appelquist to investigate CT
    implementation report -- due 2010-06-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1052

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1052

    <jo> ACTION-1054?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1054 -- Jo Rabin to see with Adam about CT
    implementation report -- due 2010-06-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1054

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1054

    <jo> close ACTION-154

    <trackbot> ACTION-154 Send a response to Ville karinen by 1/26
    closed

    <jo> close ACTION-1054

    <trackbot> ACTION-1054 See with Adam about CT implementation report
    closed

    <jo> ACTION-1055?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1055 -- François Daoust to see with Jérôme about
    CT implementation report -- due 2010-06-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1055

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1055

    <jo> ACTION-1058?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1058 -- Jo Rabin to ask dotMobi for an
    implementation report on ct -- due 2010-06-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1058

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1058

    <francois> close ACTION-1058

    <trackbot> ACTION-1058 Ask dotMobi for an implementation report on
    ct closed

    <francois> ACTION-1060?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1060 -- François Daoust to request a 4 month
    charter extension -- due 2010-06-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1060

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1060

    <francois> close ACTION-1060

    <trackbot> ACTION-1060 Request a 4 month charter extension closed

    <jo> [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/open

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/open

    <jo> ISSUE-301?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-301 -- Jo may not be able to devote very much time
    to this document so if modifications are needed beyond what has been
    discussed today a further editor is needed -- open

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/301

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/301

    <jo> clsoe ISSUE-301

    <jo> close ISSUE-301

    <trackbot> ISSUE-301 Jo may not be able to devote very much time to
    this document so if modifications are needed beyond what has been
    discussed today a further editor is needed closed

    <jo> ISSUE-302?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-302 -- Test suite for CT guidelines: what do we
    want/need? -- open

    <trackbot>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/302

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/302

    <jo> close ISSUE-302?

    <jo> close IISUE-301

    <francois> close ISSUE-302

    <trackbot> ISSUE-302 Test suite for CT guidelines: what do we
    want/need? closed

    <jo> ACTION-1023?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1023 -- François Daoust to kick off work on test
    suite for guidelines. -- due 2009-11-10 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1023

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1023

    <francois> close ACTION-1023

    <trackbot> ACTION-1023 Kick off work on test suite for guidelines.
    closed

    <francois> ACTION-1025?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1025 -- François Daoust to try to get replies from
    commenters of the first last call working draft of CT -- due
    2009-11-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1025

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1025

    <francois> close ACTION-1025

    <trackbot> ACTION-1025 Try to get replies from commenters of the
    first last call working draft of CT closed

    <francois> ACTION-1028?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1028 -- Jo Rabin to enact changes resolved today
    with minimal possible casuistry -- due 2009-12-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1028

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1028

    <francois> close ACTION-1028

    <trackbot> ACTION-1028 Enact changes resolved today with minimal
    possible casuistry closed

    <francois> ACTION-1029?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1029 -- François Daoust to draft responses to
    reviewers based on resolutions taken during the F2F -- due
    2009-12-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1029

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1029

    <francois> close ACTION-1029

    <trackbot> ACTION-1029 Draft responses to reviewers based on
    resolutions taken during the F2F closed

    <francois> ACTION-1030?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1030 -- François Daoust to think carefully about
    how tests in the CT test suite could be run from mobile phones and
    report (Web App? Widget? J2ME?) -- due 2009-12-18 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1030

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1030

    <francois> close ACTION-1030

    <trackbot> ACTION-1030 Think carefully about how tests in the CT
    test suite could be run from mobile phones and report (Web App?
    Widget? J2ME?) closed

    <francois> close ACTION-1031

    <trackbot> ACTION-1031 Create the initial document that is to
    contain human-readable descriptions of the tests to implement.
    closed

    <francois> close ACTION-1032

    <trackbot> ACTION-1032 Investigate on the possibility to restrict
    ourselves to a pseudo-code written test suite document for CT.
    closed

    <francois> close ACTION-1033

    <trackbot> ACTION-1033 Highlight normative statements that can be
    automatically tested, and those that will be hard or impossible to
    test on an automated basis by 2010-01-19 closed

    <francois> close ACTION-1036

    <trackbot> ACTION-1036 Prepare the implementation report for the CR
    of MWABP closed

    <francois> close ACTION-1037

    <trackbot> ACTION-1037 Update the implementation report template
    based on the discussion, i.e. remove the "fail" column and emphasize
    that all of the best practices do not need to be implemented, that
    we're looking into "atomic" feedback on one or two best practices
    each time. closed

    <francois> close ACTION-1044

    <trackbot> ACTION-1044 Ping previous reviewers on third last call of
    CT closed

    <francois> close ACTION-1056

    <trackbot> ACTION-1056 Ping Openwave about CT implementation report
    closed

AOB

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jo to formulate action plan with Francois and Dan
    [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2010/07/20-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]