[minutes] BPWG Call 2010-09-07

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[minutes] BPWG Call 2010-09-07

Francois Daoust
Hi,

The minutes of today's call are available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2010/09/07-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as raw text below.

Discussed during the call:

- Responses to last call comments on Mobile Web Application Best Practices to be sent today. I'm on it.
- Last chance to review and comment the latest editor's draft this week.
- If everyone agrees, the group should decide to request transition to Proposed Recommendation for MWABP next week.
- Great to have received a first implementation report on the guidelines. Looking forward for more in the next two weeks max.

Thanks,
Francois.


-----
07 Sep 2010

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2010Sep/0002.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/07-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           adam, DKA, francois, miguel

    Regrets
           tomhume, yeliz, EdC

    Chair
           DKA

    Scribe
           adam, francois

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Mobile Web Application Best Practices (MWABP)
          2. [6]Guidelines for Web Content Transformation Proxies (CT)
          3. [7]AOB
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Mobile Web Application Best Practices (MWABP)

    adam: I think I've done all the actions and circulated the updated
    draft last Monday.
    ... francois picked up the changes to prepare the last call comments
    responses.

    francois: Changes seem fine. I suggest we send the responses to last
    call today.
    ... then next week the group should resolve to request direct
    transition to Proposed Recommendation.
    ... This leaves one week for participants of the group to review and
    send last minute comments on latest editor's draft of MWABP

    DKA: sounds good, yes.

    <DKA> Action-1063?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1063 -- Adam Connors to circulate the proposed
    text ref LC-2412 to list -- due 2010-08-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1063

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1063

    <DKA> action-1064?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1064 -- Adam Connors to circulate proposed text on
    LC-2414 -- due 2010-08-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1064

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1064

    <DKA> action-1065?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1065 -- Adam Connors to enact LC-2416 -- due
    2010-08-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1065

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1065

    <DKA> action-1066?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1066 -- Adam Connors to enact LC-2415 -- due
    2010-08-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1066

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1066

    <DKA> action-1067?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1067 -- Adam Connors to enact resolution on
    LC-2413 -- due 2010-08-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1067

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1067

    <DKA> action-1068?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1068 -- Adam Connors to enact resolution to
    LC-2407 -- due 2010-08-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1068

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1068

    <DKA> action-1069?

    <trackbot> ACTION-1069 -- Adam Connors to enact resolution to
    LC-2408 -- due 2010-08-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1069

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/1069

    <DKA> close action-1063

    <trackbot> ACTION-1063 Circulate the proposed text ref LC-2412 to
    list closed

    <DKA> close action-1064

    <trackbot> ACTION-1064 Circulate proposed text on LC-2414 closed

    <DKA> close action-1065

    <trackbot> ACTION-1065 Enact LC-2416 closed

    <DKA> close action 1067

    <DKA> close action-1067

    <trackbot> ACTION-1067 Enact resolution on LC-2413 closed

    <DKA> close action-1068

    <trackbot> ACTION-1068 Enact resolution to LC-2407 closed

    <DKA> close action-1069

    <trackbot> ACTION-1069 Enact resolution to LC-2408 closed

    adam: Concerning the best practices that do not really have two best
    practices, I can try to find references to desktop pages that use
    them if you think it's better process-wise.

    francois: definitely. I'm not too worried about them because, as you
    say, they are not controversial, but that would be even better, yes.
    ... I note Wolfram says the implementation report is the "first"
    one, so there may be a second one.

    <scribe> ACTION: adam to find prepare a short doc with references to
    remaining best practices [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/07-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1070 - Find prepare a short doc with
    references to remaining best practices [on Adam Connors - due
    2010-09-14].

Guidelines for Web Content Transformation Proxies (CT)

    Dan: We have an implementation report from dotMobi.

    Francois: It looks good, and is great news. InstantMobilizer is
    slightly out of scope for CT doc so understandably has a number of
    N/A responses. But apart from that the report is really good.

    Dan: Adam, could you try to drum up an implementation report from
    Google?

    Adam: I'll do my very best.

    Francois: Next week or the week after we'll need to take a final
    decision on the guidelines because in the remaining timeline of the
    charter the only time we can push the document forward is in the
    next two weeks. So if we can't find more implementation reports by
    then we'll have to decide what to do.

    Dan: I'll take an action to send an inspirational email to the
    working-group.

    <francois> ACTION: DKA to send inspirational email to working group
    to get people to send implementation reports on CT [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/07-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1071 - Send inspirational email to working
    group to get people to send implementation reports on CT [on Daniel
    Appelquist - due 2010-09-14].

AOB

    Dan: When does charter run out?

    Francois: End of October.

    <DKA> [18]http://overtheair.org

      [18] http://overtheair.org/

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: adam to find prepare a short doc with references to
    remaining best practices [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/07-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: DKA to send inspirational email to working group to
    get people to send implementation reports on CT [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/07-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]