I forgot to send the minutes yesterday, they are available at:
... and copied as text below.
We've precised what we're going to do with best practices 5. and 6. for MWABP:
[[ move best practices 5. and 6. to "Further considerations" section along with advisory on use on canvas and SVG, and add introductory text to say that they are strong advisory notes ]]
The best practices on the spot are:
- Inform the User About Automatic Network Access
- Provide Sufficient Means to Control Automatic Network Access
Dan is to provide the introductory text, I am to prepare the document, so that it may be published (as a second Last Call Working Draft) early next week. I should be able to circulate that document tomorrow for the group to (quickly) review it.
06 Jul 2010
See also: IRC log
DKA, francois, tomhume, EdC, SeanP, brucel_irc
jo, miguel, yeliz
1. Charter extension status
2. MWABP Status (and decision on republication to last
3. CT Status
* Summary of Action Items
<brucel> hmmm Mr Zakim seems reluctant to let me join thru phone
Charter extension status
dka: I'm about to board, so not much time...
francois: extension status is ongoing, there needs to be a decision
from W3C management, but hasn't been. It'll be discussed tomorrow.
... There's nothing to worry about.
2. MWABP Status (and decision on republication to last call)
dka: Francois, you asked if we should prepare a version of the
document, and review that version for prepublication of last call.
francois: I asked Adam to prepare a revised version with the 2 BPs
we resolved to demote 2 weeks ago, demoted.
... maybe he's on vacation?
dka: In the interests of expediency, could you prepare the document?
<EdC> Is there a deadline on that specific MWABP topic ?
francois: I can prepare an updated version of this doc. I suggested
to move these 2 BPs along with the fake SVG BP and can that.
... my point being, we've already said the use of SVG and Canvas
isn't a BP
... it looks like an advisory thing, so we move the BPs to be a
similar advisory note and add an introductory text.
dka: Let's take a resolution.
<EdC> Good point, and this keeps topics alive (people get aware that
there might be more about, though it is not quite clear whether a
best practice exists yet).
dka: or record we agreed to do this.
<francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: move best practices 5. and 6. to
"Further considerations" section along with advisory on use on
canvas and SVG, and add introductory text to say that they are
strong advisory notes
<EdC> +1 (is "strong advisory note" formally defined somehow ?)
dka: want me to write this?
francois: please do.
<francois> ACTION: DKA to write the explanatory text for the
"further considerations" section. [recorded in
<trackbot> Created ACTION-1061 - Write the explanatory text for the
"further considerations" section. [on Daniel Appelquist - due
francois: the sooner we publish, the better. We can say we'll
publish unless someone really objects by next Tuesday.
... we can push to publish on Thursday but it'll be hard.
dka: let's go for next tuesday
RESOLUTION: move best practices 5. and 6. to "Further
considerations" section along with advisory on use on canvas and
SVG, and add introductory text to say that they are strong advisory
3. CT Status
francois: we have some actions to ping implementers... I tried to
contact Openwave, but no response so far.
dka: likewise me with Bytemobile.
... I also took an action to chase up Vodafone and haven't EXECUTED
... I'm going to chase that up again
... visit his house
francois: you may have noticed that dot-mobi launched a project to
create a test suite based on the guidelines and possibly the
manifesto, I tried to contact Ronan asking if he would consider
doing it within the BPWG
... right now things will stay as they are.
<EdC> Note that Jo was to ping dotMobi, Google, and Francois Jerome
from Orange (from last minutes).
dka: there was a guy involved with the group who was in charge of
the CT stuff in google. that's who we should be talking to.
<brucel> (can't login with US number; am following chat)
francois: he left google iirc. He was active in CTTF, then
dka: chase up Adam?
francois: It was Aaron Kemp
dka: sean, any news on CT or implementation reports?
seanP: is "implementation report" different to a conformance report?
dka: we're talking about running services - installations, as it
... each one of these can be set up with different business rules.
The important thing is to note the installations.
seanp: what's the format for these?
francois: Filling out the ICS template that got published with the
... so it is a conformance report for the product
... from your perspective, we're after a conformance statement to
the public mailing list
seanp: it's worth getting conformance reports from deployments.
dka: in the act of asking for the reports, this might prompt
francois: it depends how you deviate from the guidelines.. if there
are key deviations or there are guidelines you dont follow because
you have good reasons...
seanp: ok, I'll see what I can do here... I'm not sure what process
will be followed here.
... let me find out what we can do.
... ok, let's close.
... I think Jo will be chairing next week...
<francois> [my regrets for next week]
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: DKA to write the explanatory text for the "further
considerations" section. [recorded in
[End of minutes]
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|