Quantcast

<select></select>

eeckbird.com

Hi!

I had "http://eeckbird.com/Service/DP_DHL.php?l=Eng&c=1" validated and got the following error message:

  1. ErrorLine 55, Column 339: end tag for "select" which is not finished

My problem is that this error does not exist! The PHP-code that produces these tags is very simple and very logical. Just a few lines! And nothing except <option></option> tags is nested! And as you can see when you have the XHTML code listed everything is in perfect order!
Hope to get some feedback! And thank you for all you are doing!!! :-)

Yours truly
Eeckbird

Re: <select></select>

Jukka K. Korpela
2012-11-11 18:51, eeckbird.com wrote:

> I had "http://eeckbird.com/Service/DP_DHL.php?l=Eng&c=1" validated and
> got the following error message:
>
>  1. Error/Line 55, Column 339/: end tag for "select" which is not finished

I get a clean report. Did you fix the error?

> The PHP-code that produces
> these tags is very simple and very logical. Just a few lines!

All that matters here from the validator's perspective, or from the
perspectives of browsers and search engines, is the HTML document sent
by your server, not the server-side code that produces it and is
invisible from outside.

It is, however, possible that server-side code generates different HTML

Yucca