libGL is not found

Takao
Hi,

I am failing to recompile on Linux Mint 15.

The problems seems to be the configure script.
The libGL for instance is in a different directory, not /usr/lib

Also the various lib's to install which are advised in numerous threads
on the web
are very distribution specific for their names.

The information on the Amaya website is not good enough (for the lib names).

There is a distribution independent method to obtain the location of a lib:
  pkg-config --variable=libdir gl

Why is that not used in the configure script?

I do not have enough information to compile Amaya but I hope the scripts
can become updated.