[iri] #133: What to do about query part in URI->IRI mapping

[iri] #133: What to do about query part in URI->IRI mapping

iri issue tracker
#133: What to do about query part in URI->IRI mapping

 Draft -12 does not mention the special case of the query part in URI->IRI
 mapping. I have put in some text (to appear in new draft) that optionally
 allows percent-escaping to remain in the query part for http:/https:.
 Do we need more details for this optionality? Should this be mandatory?
 I personally don't want it to be mandatory because in the future, when
 (almost) everything is UTF-8, unescaping will just be fine.

--
----------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  duerst@…  |      Owner:  draft-ietf-iri-3987bis@…

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/ticket/133>
iri <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/>

Re: [iri] #133: What to do about query part in URI->IRI mapping

iri issue tracker
#133: What to do about query part in URI->IRI mapping

Comment (by duerst@…):

 From [156]:

 - removed domain name consideration from list of percent-encodings that
 cannot be eliminated (factual fix)
 - added consideration of query parts to URI->IRI procedure (non-escaping
 is now possible, but optional, see ticket 133)
 - minor wording changes
 - some paragraph reformatting by oXygen Author mode

--
 Reporter:  duerst@…  |       Owner:  draft-ietf-iri-3987bis@…
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new

Ticket URL: </ticket/133#comment:1>