http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format

Baha Olgun
Hi All,

when I visited http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format, did not find any xsd file.

Where can I find latest xls-fo xsd file?

Baha Olgun

Re: http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format

G. Ken Holman
At 2012-08-07 00:43 -0700, Baha Olgun wrote:
>when I visited http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format, did not find any xsd file.

A namespace URI is not meant to be a URL, even though some people
(including myself) use it as a URL for an information page of XHTML
(sometimes with added RDDL attributes).

A namespace URI certainly was never meant to be the URL for an XSD file.

>Where can I find latest xls-fo xsd file?

There is no XSD file for XSL-FO.  Not only would the myriad of
attributes and their multiple components make it a very big file, but
XSD semantics are insufficient to express all of the nuances of the
vocabulary.  For example, <basic-link> can have either
external-destination= or internal-destination= but not both ... and
you cannot say that in XSD-speak.

An XSL-FO file is validated by the XSL-FO engine that interprets it.

I hope this helps you understand the situation.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm

Re: http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format

Baha Olgun
Hi,

How can I know style elements? Is there same restriction for XSL1.1 or XSL1.0?  Is there anywhere to obtain xsl-style elements (or is there any xsd for this aim)?

Thanks.

Baha Olgun