how to make content flow from left to right on page

t14

how to make content flow from left to right on page

t14
Hi

I am trying to create a pdf document (using xsl-fo) where the content starts on the left of a page and continues on the right, similar to a news paper or magazine.

Any ideas or even a clue to point me in the right direction????

Thanks in advance for your help

Re: how to make content flow from left to right on page

Liam R. E. Quin
On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 09:32 -0400, t14 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to create a pdf document (using xsl-fo) where the content starts
> on the left of a page and continues on the right, similar to a news paper or
> magazine.

Sounds like you need a page master with a body region divided into
columns, using column-count.

In XSL-FO 1.0 and 1.1, there are some limitations -- e.g., the columns
must all be the same width -- that we hope to improve for XSL 2.0 in
the future.

Liam

Re: how to make content flow from left to right on page

Alexandre Moraes
We use AntennaHouse at work.
We do this with AntennaHouse extension.

http://www.antennahouse.com/xslfo/axf5-extension.htm#axf.column-count

It does what you want.

In xsl-fo 1.1 you can use column-count in region-body.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#column-count
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/N8542.html

Alexandre Moraes