goofy @datatype values fall back to plain literal or not?

Threaded

goofy @datatype values fall back to plain literal or not?

Dan Connolly
Step 9 of http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_5.5.

says

 "as a [typed literal] if: @datatype is present ...
   The final string includes the datatype URI, ...  which will have
   been obtained according to the section on CURIE and URI Processing."

Now... when I follow that link, I find:

"An attribute may allow one or more CURIE-only values, disallowing other
types of value. In this case any value that is not a 'curie' according
to the definition in the section CURIE Syntax Definition MUST be
ignored; this means that not only will there be no error reporting, but
also the RDFa processor should act as if the value simply did not
exist."

 -- 5.4.3. General Use of CURIEs in Attributes

So suppose I have

How do I "act as if the value simply did not exist"? Do I act as
if the @datatype attribute weren't there and fall back to
the next bullet ("as a [plain literal] if...")? Or do I stick
with this bullet but not establish any [current object literal]?

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Threaded

Re: goofy @datatype values fall back to plain literal or not?

Mark Birbeck-4
Hi Dan,

> So suppose I have

> How do I "act as if the value simply did not exist"? Do I act as
> if the @datatype attribute weren't there and fall back to
> the next bullet ("as a [plain literal] if...")? Or do I stick
> with this bullet but not establish any [current object literal]?

You'd still get a plain literal.

Regards,

Mark

--