error in the WSDL primer

Gerd Wagner-2

I'd like to report an error in the WSDL example
"Example 2-13. SOAP 1.2 and SOAP 1.1 Bindings"
of the WSDL primer
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-primer-20070626

Both endpoints have the same address, which is
wrong (according to my understanding of endpoints).

Regards,
Gerd Wagner

Professor Gerd Wagner
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/IT
Email: [hidden email]
Tel: (+49 355) 69 2397
Institute of Informatics
Brandenburg University of Technology
at Cottbus, Germany

Re: error in the WSDL primer

Arthur Ryman-2

Gerd,

I don't think that's an error. You could have an endpoint that supported both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2. The service could check the envelope to determine which SOAP version was being used, and respond in that format.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, AoT, DE
Process and Portfolio Management, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831 (T/L: 318-8867)
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: [hidden email]

"Gerd Wagner" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

10/11/2007 07:42 AM

<[hidden email]>
cc
Subject
error in the WSDL primer

[...]

Yes, I understand, this would be possible. But is this the intended meaning? That is, do endpoint addresses not have to be unique acording to the sepc?

Even if this would be the official WSDL definition, do you expect that WSDL tools, such as Woden/Axis2 will allow this?

-Gerd

I'd like to report an error in the WSDL example
"Example 2-13. SOAP 1.2 and SOAP 1.1 Bindings"
of the WSDL primer
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-wsdl20-primer-20070626

Both endpoints have the same address, which is
wrong (according to my understanding of endpoints).

Regards,
Gerd Wagner

Professor Gerd Wagner
http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/IT
Email: [hidden email]
Tel: (+49 355) 69 2397
Institute of Informatics
Brandenburg University of Technology
at Cottbus, Germany

RE: error in the WSDL primer

Arthur Ryman-2

Gerd,

The address property of the endpoint is actually optional. There is no requirement in the spec that it is unique within a service. Only the name property of the endpoint must be unique within a service.

Yes, I expect Web service runtimes like Axis2 to support mixed SOAP 1.1/1.2 environments as well as mixed WSDL 1.1/2.0. Woden is WSDL 2.0 only now but we'd like it to provide WSDL 1.1 support eventually.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, AoT, DE
Process and Portfolio Management, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831 (T/L: 318-8867)
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: [hidden email]

"Gerd Wagner" <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

10/11/2007 09:19 AM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA