editors draft stylesheet: diff marking

David Carlisle
  http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/W3C-ED.css

has had additional rules for diff marking added.
unfortunately these conflict badly with (at least) html table markup, if
you put class="diff-chg" on a table row then browsers
lose the alignment of entries, because of the css added content.

Firefox and Opera shift all entries one column to the right, thus
placing them under the wrong heading.
IE loses the alignment completely and places all entries into the first
column.

Compare

http://monet.nag.co.uk/~dpc/draft-spec/appendixc-d.html#oper-dict.entries-table

and

http://monet.nag.co.uk/~dpc/draft-spec/appendixc.html#oper-dict.entries-table

Could this section be removed so that the editors draft is, by default,
like the main draft, apart from the banner image at the top?

David

/******************************************************************
  * MikeSmith (2008-05-24)
  * Because our current online HTML diff tool[1] doesn't output
  * colored diffs, I the following rules for .diff-* classes so
  * I can get colored output in HTML diffs for Editor's Drafts.
  * [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/htmldiff
  ******************************************************************/
.diff-new {
   background-color: yellow;
}
.diff-chg {
   background-color: lime;
}
.diff-new:before,
.diff-new:after {
   content: "\2191";
}
.diff-chg:before,
.diff-chg:after {
   content: "\2195";
}
.diff-old {
   text-decoration: line-through;
   background-color: #FBB;
}
.diff-old:before,
.diff-old:after {
   content: "\2193";
}
/* end MikeSmith (2008-05-24) additions */

powered by MessageLabs.

Re: editors draft stylesheet: diff marking

Michael[tm] Smith
David Carlisle <[hidden email]>, 2010-06-03 09:52 +0100:

>  http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/W3C-ED.css
>
> has had additional rules for diff marking added.
> unfortunately these conflict badly with (at least) html table
[...]
> Could this section be removed so that the editors draft is, by
> default, like the main draft, apart from the banner image at the
> top?

I removed the additional rules. Let me know if I missed anything

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike

On 03/06/2010 10:04, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> David Carlisle<[hidden email]>, 2010-06-03 09:52 +0100:
>
>>   http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/W3C-ED.css
>>
>> has had additional rules for diff marking added.
>> unfortunately these conflict badly with (at least) html table
> [...]
>> Could this section be removed so that the editors draft is, by
>> default, like the main draft, apart from the banner image at the
>> top?
>
> I removed the additional rules. Let me know if I missed anything
>
>    --Mike

Ah, sorry, I now see this is in other variants of the stylesheet as
well, not just the editors draft,

http://www.w3.org/Math/Group/draft-spec/appendixc-d.html#oper-dict.entries-table

(now) uses W3C-WD.css and the same rules are there too.

Could all the variants be reverted not to have rules that break tables
with css added content, thanks.

David

Re: editors draft stylesheet: diff marking

Michael[tm] Smith
David Carlisle <[hidden email]>, 2010-06-06 00:44 +0100:

> On 03/06/2010 10:04, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
> >David Carlisle<[hidden email]>, 2010-06-03 09:52 +0100:
> >
> >>  http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/W3C-ED.css
> >>
> >>has had additional rules for diff marking added.
> >>unfortunately these conflict badly with (at least) html table
> >[...]
> >>Could this section be removed so that the editors draft is, by
> >>default, like the main draft, apart from the banner image at the
> >>top?
> >
> >I removed the additional rules. Let me know if I missed anything
>
> Ah, sorry, I now see this is in other variants of the stylesheet as
> well, not just the editors draft,
>
> http://www.w3.org/Math/Group/draft-spec/appendixc-d.html#oper-dict.entries-table
>
> (now) uses W3C-WD.css and the same rules are there too.
>
> Could all the variants be reverted not to have rules that break
> tables with css added content, thanks.

All should be removed now. Let me know if I missed anything else

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike