discussion

MaxKaj
Hello!

According to XForms specification event "xforms-ready" appears wnen instances are loaded into RAM and form controls are ready to work with them.
I have a program where I can change attribute "r" of circle element in input control. I have to save and then load svg-file with the circle to see changed radius. This way I have to use two data stores, one - in RAM, and the other - in local file. And this data stores have the same contents. I'd like to have possibility to see the circle with new radius without saving and loading it again every time I changed something. I think that it is better to save changes only one time, when I finish to use the program.
How can I avoid saving and loading file every time to see changes?
If it is possible to use JavaScript for this and how can I do this?
How can I change element iframe to see svg-picture?

I am sending files of my program with this letter.
Thank you!

FGO.svg (288 bytes) Download Attachment
DGM.html (1K) Download Attachment

Re: discussion

Swithun Crowe
Hello

MS I have a program where I can change attribute "r" of circle element in
MS input control. I have to save and then load svg-file with the circle to
MS see changed radius. This way I have to use two data stores, one - in
MS RAM, and the other - in local file. And this data stores have the same
MS contents. I'd like to have possibility to see the circle with new
MS radius without saving and loading it again every time I changed
MS something. I think that it is better to save changes only one time,
MS when I finish to use the program. How can I avoid saving and loading
MS file every time to see changes?

A quick thought - the tax form example on the Mozilla XForms site has an
example of modifying a SVG via an XForm:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/samples/tax_form/TaxForm.xhtml

A Javascript function is called when an xforms-value-changed event fires.

I hope this helps.

Swithun.