[css-writing-modes-3] text-orientation-010

[css-writing-modes-3] text-orientation-010

Gérard Talbot-3
Taka Oshiyama,

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-010.xht

I think we need to split your text-orientation-010 test into 2 distinct
and separate tests. The Ahem part of your test needs a bit of
adjustement: 'height: 3em' is not needed (and not part of the purpose of
the test) if 'writing-mode' is set on the block (div) and not on the
inline (span) element. The Ahem part of your test should probably go in
section 3.1 (and then be filename-renamed) since it checks 1.block flow
direction and 2.inline direction.

The latin and Japan mixed text part of your test specifically and
formally tests 'text-orientation: mixed' and requires that we describe
the expected result and to use an image for comparison purpose. So, I
created

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/text-orientation-010b-GT.xht

and I will submit it with both of us as co-authors.

Changes from your test:

width: 3em; is not needed

font-size: 1.5em; It is best, more reliable to use px unit for tests
(although, on the web, em unit or percentage unit is better). I've
chosen 30px.

div#control uses an image screenshot. Here, Firefox 42+ and Chrome 49
differ on inter-character spacing. I used Chrome 49's rendering because
I think it is more correct typographically: this, I hope, can be
confirmed by Koji or Elika.

I'll ask Koji Ishii to review that test.

Gérard
--
Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates

CSS Naming Guidelines

Test Review Checklist

CSS Metadata

Re: [css-writing-modes-3] text-orientation-010

Gérard Talbot-3
Le 2015-12-15 06:06, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
> Taka Oshiyama,
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-010.xht
>
> I think we need to split your text-orientation-010 test into 2
> distinct and separate tests.

They are now:

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-010.xht

and

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/block-flow-direction-vrl-026.xht

with its reference file:

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/block-flow-direction-vrl-026-ref.xht

> The Ahem part of your test needs a bit of
> adjustement: 'height: 3em' is not needed (and not part of the purpose
> of the test) if 'writing-mode' is set on the block (div) and not on
> the inline (span) element.

I kept your 'height: 3em' because that was your test.

I reviewed and approved your test (now under the
block-flow-direction-vrl-026 filename)

> The Ahem part of your test should probably
> go in section 3.1 (and then be filename-renamed) since it checks
> 1.block flow direction and 2.inline direction.
>
> The latin and Japan mixed text part of your test specifically and
> formally tests 'text-orientation: mixed' and requires that we describe
> the expected result and to use an image for comparison purpose. So, I
> created
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/text-orientation-010b-GT.xht
>
> and I will submit it with both of us as co-authors.
>
> Changes from your test:
>
> width: 3em; is not needed
>
> font-size: 1.5em; It is best, more reliable to use px unit for tests
> (although, on the web, em unit or percentage unit is better). I've
> chosen 30px.
>
> div#control uses an image screenshot.

http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/3712b5e75b09

Koji, can you review the text-orientation-010 test please?

Gérard