[css-scroll-snap] Rename keywords 'proximity' and 'mandatory'

[css-scroll-snap] Rename keywords 'proximity' and 'mandatory'

Sebastian Zartner-3
Both values are relatively long and one is a noun while the other is
an adjective, which makes them inconsistent.

Therefore I believe they should be renamed. The words I have in mind
are 'near' and 'always'. Though maybe somebody else can come up with
better words.

Sebastian

Re: [css-scroll-snap] Rename keywords 'proximity' and 'mandatory'

Alan Stearns
On 12/13/15, 1:39 PM, "Sebastian Zartner" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Both values are relatively long and one is a noun while the other is
>an adjective, which makes them inconsistent.
>
>Therefore I believe they should be renamed. The words I have in mind
>are 'near' and 'always'. Though maybe somebody else can come up with
>better words.

I like this idea - much easier to spell. And we use ‘always’ for similar purposes elsewhere, so also more consistent.

Thanks,

Alan

Re: [css-scroll-snap] Rename keywords 'proximity' and 'mandatory'

fantasai
On 12/13/2015 11:39 PM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
> Both values are relatively long and one is a noun while the other is
> an adjective, which makes them inconsistent.
>
> Therefore I believe they should be renamed. The words I have in mind
> are 'near' and 'always'. Though maybe somebody else can come up with
> better words.

Just came up with an idea: borrowing from the 'line-break' property,
how about 'strict' and 'loose'?

~fantasai

On 1 May 2016 at 15:00, fantasai <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 12/13/2015 11:39 PM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
Both values are relatively long and one is a noun while the other is
an adjective, which makes them inconsistent.

Therefore I believe they should be renamed. The words I have in mind
are 'near' and 'always'. Though maybe somebody else can come up with
better words.

Just came up with an idea: borrowing from the 'line-break' property,
how about 'strict' and 'loose'?

Sounds good to me.

Sebastian