[css-inline] Initial Letter selection and hanging punctuation

[css-inline] Initial Letter selection and hanging punctuation

Doonge .Hagen
Hello,

Could you include an example with starting punctuation in the draft, and show how you would address it?
Thanks.

For instance (using non-english punctuation, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillemet , with spaces ):

Some consideration around this can be found at http://theworldsgreatestbook.com/book-design-part-6/ , in the "Book Design: Initial Caps with Quotation Marks" part at the very end of the document (I'm not the author).

Typically, I see that opening punctuation has no special style applied to it (it has the same style than the whole paragraph, not the style of the initial-letter).
Hence, I have the impression there has to be a finer control over what's in the pseudo element. An ability to exclude the special characters from the pseudo-selection.

Something like: "exclude-punctuation: none | left | right | both;"

Best regards.

Re: [css-inline] Initial Letter selection and hanging punctuation

Tab Atkins Jr.
Hiya! I've moved your issue to our GitHub repo, which is where we now
track issues: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/310

~TJ