[css-display] box-suppress name suggestion

[css-display] box-suppress name suggestion

Stephanie Hobson
I'm not sure I understand the existing proposal since I'm not familiar with the inner working of browsers (anonymous boxes?).

From my reading of it, it looks like:
box-suppress: show == box-suppress: match-the-display-value
box-suppress: hide == display: none (except maybe screen readers can read it?)
box-suppress: none == visibility: hidden (expect maybe it won't take up space on the page?)

So for naming it might be useful to borrow from existing properties to help communicate the function:
box-display: display|none|hidden.

On the other hand, if I've missed the point entirely these are terrible suggestions ;)

Thanks,
Stephanie.